Update - "Going to Kansas City"

Got the call Friday afternoon. I've been scheduled for further consultation with both a Radiology Oncology Surgeon and a Neurosurgeon Thursday morning. This will be the third and fourth opinion respectively at three independent facilities.

I have all my reports and disks in hand. Wondering though, both my CT & MRI show the tumor, the MRI also showes a ring of swelling; the PET however did not light up. The tumor now only 7 mm is what my doctors say is often to small for a PET to pick up? Because cancer is more likely to MET to brain rather than be a new primary brain tumor, it is being considered to be a MET?

Because tumors to the brain fall under neurological, I'm being sent to a Medical Center that specializes in Neurosurgery & sterotactic surgery?

So just one step closer to treatment and remaining optimistic. Any input along this line would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Toddy

Sounds like you have things lined up pretty darn good, Toddy. I, myself got 4 opinions at the beginning of my own journey, so I applaud you on your pursuit there. Boy I hope that you get answers and perhaps some news to lift your spirits as they perhaps have sagged just a bit lately. Best of luck on your venture and hope you have an update for all of us soon. Best wishes, luck and many positive vibes to you.

Kasey