Does it mean NED!!??!

jaminkw

It's the day after and I still can't believe it. She didn't use the words NED but she did say: Your scans are wonderful. I consulted with another cancer doctor and he said it was remarkable. You're telling me this woman has lung cancer. I said what about the PET? She said "there was nothing to pick up." She showed me pictures on the computer--the old one that showed the plural thickening, the new one "it's gone." She said if we could just stay on the Avastin "for awhile" and keep the cancer in remission. Yes, I was at MDACC and I asked my husband over and over to confirm she did use the "R" word and he said yes, she did. My blood pressure wasn't too bad, she said, but she wants me to come back next week and see a cancer doctor who is very familiar with the blood pressure issue. I'm doing it!

I can't tell you, all of you who have been so generous and caring to me these last months how much I appreciate it. Like so many others have said, I don't know how I would have gotten through it without you.

Did I say once or twice or three times that I was having trouble taking this all as seriously as everyone else was? I am over the top!

Judy in Key West

This is a wonderful way to start my day, Judy. I bet it's a wonderful way to start yours as well!!!! Take it all in, believe it, and revel in this news, Judy. It sounds as if you are being well taken care of. I would say there should be a whole weekend celebrtion for you coming up! And I'm very glad you hurried back here to let us all know!

Kasey

hey Judy. That is absolutely fantastic news. I have received similar and I know how difficult it can be to digest. I have also found that different doctors explain the NED thing differently...some write it out in black and white and others use much medical mumble jumble but are basically saying the same thing. Yours sounds like NED to me. Enjoy your good news, it will take awhile to sink in.

Continued best wishes

Sandra

Thanks everyone and that round at the Pub sounds great! It has been a lot to take in. The more I talk about it, bringing friends and family up to date, it gets a little more real. Glad I got to the site yesterday am. Traveled to Port St Lucie and couldn't access the net all day. By the time I got on last night, my grandson commandeered the computer. I'll be here a week but will drop by from time to time when I can. I know how important this is to people struggling with this.

Judy in Key West