Getting to Know You - April 2

Ann

Some medications... Sulfur-violent nausea, vomiting, Erythromycin-nausea , diarrhea etc., Aspirin-sharp pains in stomach thru to back ...

Then there's perfumes and scented detergent, clothes softeners.. with itching, coughing etc. feel like someone threw dust in my throat.. etc etc.. feel like I'm in a doctor's office.. :wink:

Sue

I knew when I finally found something I was allergic to I would probably react in a big way. Sure enough, a couple of years ago I was getting an IV antibiotic and suddenly it felt like something was on my chest. Next thing I knew I was getting oxygen and benadryl in the ER. Hopefully that's it.

Seems I used to be allergic to so many things but that just stopped. As a child, I was VERY allergic to cats and feathers but...I loved cats and although my mother would never allow them inside, I always managed to have outside cats. I think I just became immune to them and now, I own four. I also have a feather pillow and a parrot. Every spring, I used to go nuts when things would begin to bloom but now, all that bothers me is oak. We have lots of oak trees here in Florida and I even have one in my back yard. Maybe once a year, I'll get itchy eyes for a few days. Now, I seem to have developed an allergy to something, I just can't figure out what it is. I still am using the same laundry detergent but I think it may have something to do with all these new formulas that are 2X stronger. Think that would make a difference??? I just started having this burning/redness in the neck areas of my tee shirts and this is all I can think of that is different.

you don't want me to list all the medications I'm either allergic to or get such awful side effects that I don't take them..........the cure can sometimes be worse than the disease.

The ones I'm allergic to generally give me a rash, make me short of breath, light-headed, you name it. Antibiotics are the worst offenders which as you can imagine can complicate a very simple infection.

Now aren't you gald you asked..........

Geri

Well, the only think I knew I was allergic to for awhile is Tide laundry detergent. Yeah, it is supposed to be one of the most mild of detergents, but my wacky skin breaks in a rash when we wash any clothes in it.

I found out shortly after DX that I am also allergic to Dilaten - just gives me a itchy rash, but still had to switch to a different anti-seizure med.

Work :o but since Ed Mcmahon can not find my phone number :evil: I just put on my big boy undies and go at it any how! :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol: