no more treatments- no second opinion.

bugno92

My mothers doctor has stopped her treatment because he said that it will not help her. She has been with out chemo for about 2 months. She is just at home sleeping a lot. I wanted to take her for second opionion but my family says no. Will her cancer grow faster now that she is off chemo.

Not knowing your mother's age or anything about her overall health, it's hard to say. One thing to remember, tho., is that your mother is the one to decide whether or not to seek a second opinion. If she doesn't want any more chemo, then there is little point in getting another opinion. If she does not want anymore treatment, it would be a good idea to contact hospice. She may not need their services now, but may later.

Muriel

thank you for your reply. My mom is 68 and her doctor said no more treatment. He said it will not help her. My mom does not know her prognosis. She has not asked so it would be hard to talk about Hospice. My mom is very weak, but can still care for herself. She is a real trooper. I just dont understand why the doctor has said no more treatment.

• 2 months later...