The Truth About Cancer

I watched the documentary special The Truth About Cancer, which aired on PBS Wednesday in my area (Montgomery, Alabama). This was a really well-done piece. The filmmaker, Linda Garmon, began with the story of her husband's diagnosis with mesothelioma, and ended up visiting several cancer centers and talking with patients who had a variety of different cancers, talking to oncologists and researchers.

It was an emotional film, as well as providing a lot of interesting information. PBS does have the DVD for sale on its web site - you can just Google PBS and the name of the film - for about $20 if you don't get a chance to see it. Alabama Public Television is running it several times this week, and possibly more this month as well.

I write a blog about mesothelioma, www.mymeso.org, so I was especially interested because the filmmaker's husband had meso.

This aired the other night in my area and I started to watch it with Tom. After about 5 minutes he told me to turn it off that he could not watch it. So I did not get to see it. I guess I will just have to buy the DVD.

Denise