My scan results

Patti B

I AM STABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yipee!!! The doctor feels that my increased shortness of breath IS from the Alimta. He wanted to know if I thought I needed a break from the chemo - I told him absolutely NOT - I would need to be coming in here on my hands and knees before I let the cancer get another foothold.

He told me he has absolutely no clue about the pain I have been having in my lung area. This has gotten a lot worse latey. But he said it is NOT progression so it must be either muscular or a weird side effect from Alimta. Of course then he goes on and on about what am I doing physically. I told him I have been doing yard work (which I absolutely LOVE) but that I do listen to my body and take long breaks. He wanted to know if I thought I should stop doing all things I do. I told him if I can't go watch my kid at sporting events, can't putz in my yard, and do all the other things I ENJOY doing, whats the purpose?? Whether its cancer that does me in, or whether I die in my sleep at the age of 90, I want to enjoy myself. Each day is a day that we can never get back. So he just said to pace myself a lot more and if I decide I need a break, to let him know.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I was really scared with this SOB - its frightening when you can't catch your breath and I truly thought it was from progression.

So, I will be doing the happy dance tonight!!!

You guys are the best!! Want would I do without you all!!

Hugs - Patti B.

hey there Patti. Awesome news girlfriend. I have just ordered up a bottle of Zinfandel?? (have I got that right) to be delivered to your home. All virtual of course but hope you enjoy just the same. Am sure your son and hubby will be absolutely thrilled. You are an inspiration. Stable is great with this "C" thing. Now if they could just figure out a way to stable our brains through all of this!!!

Fondly, Sandra