My Friends Husband/Update

Flyman35

Gene has not done well since surgery. He had a slight stroke this morning and had been pretty combative and disoriented since surgery. He has been unresponsive today. We are awaiting MRI and CT results.

This has been extremely hard on Barb.

Please continue to pray that he will come out of this.

Thanks,

Denise

Well it is going to be a long recovery for Gene. Tests show that he has had 4 mini strokes. His vitals are stable and he can move all of his limbs with weakness on the left side. He was able to talk this morning but then they took him down about noon to put in a pic line and added heaprin and since then he has been pretty unresponsive.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Denise

Thank you. Today was a much better day. Gene's son came in and he held his dad's hand and told him "I love you dad". Dad opened his eyes looked at him and said, "I love you too son." Yes today is a better day. Much more alert and talking and eyes were opened a lot.

Denise

Well after a few more up and down days Gene is going to be moved tomorrow to a rehab hospital. They had him up today with a walker and he took 4 steps on his own and was able to get himself back into bed unassisted. Go Gene!!!

Thanks all for your prayers.

Denise