My Surgery

Hey everyone, I wanted to drop by and update. So much is going on and it's all happening so fast, but it's good! I am about to go hop in the shower for my pre-op workup.

My weight loss has hovered right at 50 pounds since January (like my new pic?!). I am very excited about having even more awesome results.

My gastric bypass is happening the day after tomorrow at 1pm here in own town, just 5.5 miles from my house. We are preparing for family this week. My aunt, who was so helpful during Mom's surgery, will be here for mine as well. My dad and stepmom are also coming. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm taking it a day at a time and I know I'll be fine.

Some of you have followed my blog at www.pentecostalmitch.com I will try to update there as much as possible. I know I can count on all of you to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Big changes are on the way!

Good luck - you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Two really good friends are mine had it done and it was fantastic. The husband had it done first. I saw him one day and had to yell TURN ON THE FAN, ITS GETTING HOT IN HERE!!! He had so many compliments from all the women that his wife decided she had better get it done, too. :lol:

Keep us posted!!!!

Hugs - Patti B

I was going to post up a note For ya Mitchell but ya beat me to it. Good Luck Prayers From over here in NC (Other side of the Hills!) Ya Are gonna rock this thing. :wink::wink:

Best of luck to you, Mitch, for a safe, smooth and perfect procedure!

This praying thing is new to me, but I sure seem to be doing it a lot these days! I'll say a prayer for you, that everything goes as planned!

Thanks for being there for me in this new and scary time. I'll be happy to return the favour if EVER you need it! I battle with my weight as well. Feeling pretty good right now, and have lost 29 pounds since January :)

The BEST to you! You'll do fantastic!

xoxo

LInda

Thank you everybody. I appreciate all the prayers I can get. This is my first major surgery and the nerves are all rattled, lol. As soon as I'm able, I'm going to have someone update my myspace account, and Randy has me on his friends list and I'm sure he'll update you all. Thanks for the prayers and stay tuned...

Hi Mitchell,

I have been thinking about you and wondering when your surgery was. Well, now I know.

I wish you all the luck, I know how much you wanted this. I pray for you that everything goes well.

Maryanne :wink:

Here's The Skinny

Ok, surgery didn't go as easy as I thought, unfortunately. I hope to blog more in detail once I can, but I remember them saying, "Ok, you're going to go to sleep now. . . " and then the next thing I remembered I was in the most tremendous pain and was begging for water, bu the only thing I got was ice chips.

I couldn't wake up enough to do any deep breathing or anything so I was in recovery for six and a half hours!

Yesterday was even worse. The pain was so tremendous that they thought my old stomach had become distended and thought I was going to be put on a feeding tube and all kinds of other medical jargon which essentially meant I was doing so hot. But then they got my pain controlled enough so I could ge up an move and that made all the difference. Once I could move and walk, I was able to cough, drink, breathe, and do all the things they needed me to do.

So this morning I felt much better, even though I am still very weak and tiring very easily. The surgery went well. It was done laparoscopically like I hoped. Everything seems to be on the right path now and I am home. Don't be offended if I don't reply to individual emails or answer phone calls.

Like I said, I'm very weak and still very, very, sore but I so appreciate all the love, prayers, visits, comments, calls, and thoughts that came my way!

Mitchell