tomorrow

lilyjohn

Tomorrow it will be two years sense my last smoke :!: I gained 50 pounds but now I am seriously working on that problem. Just had my doctor vistit and so far the news has been good.

My colesteral though a little high all over the good colesteral is real high. Doctor thinks I can correct it with diet and exercise. Triglycerides were normal and my oxygen saturation is up to 99%. It was only 95 when I was smoking and before exercise.

Every day I try to exercise for 1 hour and walk for at least a mile. Sometimes like this morning I go two miles or more. I feel much better. When I came back from Louisiana in February I was back where I started with the weight and exercise. I had to start all over but I am determined.

Despite the diet and exercise I am still having trouble losing those extra pounds but I just keep trying. I think sooner or later it will catch up with me. In the mean time I feel so much better.

Tomorrow I go for my mamogram and I am doing the colon smear. Please pray with me that all comes out good.

Wish I could spend more time here on the board but my health has to come first and that takes a lot of time. Many things are kind of on hold for now. Maybe I can slow down a little later but don't want to stop while I am doing so good.

My best to all of you. I think about you all even when I am very busy. Lillian

Quitting smoking, losing weight - not easy things to do, but I know you will accomplish all you set out to do ... a huge congratulations on 2 years without a smoke - what a milestone!!! I am glad you are taking care of yourself and enjoying life. Take care and best of luck on meeting all your goals.

Linda