PET Results

StrahDawg

OK met with the spine Dr. today and he said the pet results on my lower spine showed nothing. However a lymph node near my stomach showed a little uptake. He said he wasn't to concerned because it could just be a stomach virus or something. As far as my back pain it seems to be getting a little better but I can still feel something ain't right. My overall health feels great and my energy level is also great. I asked the DR. about the injury and he to kind of blew it off and said the spot on my spine is a "lesion" but there still unclear what it is? Tomorrow he meets with some committe and said he was going to present my case and recomend doing a biopsy to make sure it's not the cancer back he said he would call by Monday to let me know what they recomend. I don't know how to take this I hate going to see these doctors because they show no emotion. I don't know what good news is or bad. I know the PET showing nothing was good but now I'm worried about this node that again they say there not overly concerned about but that they probably want a biopsy of the lesion to make sure. Also is this odd he said on the CT it showed the spot and on the MRI it showed the lesion but the PET showed nothing? Like I said nothing is good and I'll take that all day long but I just found that odd. Thanks again everybody for your kind words and support and sorry for freaking out a little.

The biopsy will let you know for sure. It sounds like your Dr really thinks it is nothing but wants to be very certain of that. I think he is right. The test and biopsies aren't fun, but they will give you more peace of mind. And on the off chance it does turn out to be something to be concerned about, you will have caught it early enough to ZAP it with radiation.

Susan

Steve-

Sounds like they are really trying to cover all bases, which is good, altho you have to go thru more crap and worry. The stomach thing could be anything - once on a CAT it showed something in my stomach and they were all set to do a gastroscopy and I was hospitalized with pneumonia and it had to be cancelled. By the next scan, it was gone - they think it was from irritation from the chemo!!!

As to why the CAT, PET and MRI are all different, I don't know except I do know that on a PET scan, they don't even think of cancer unless the uptake is over 3.0.

I know I probably didn't help you much, but will be thinking of you and sorry for you that you have to wait AGAIN to find out something. That just sucks the worse!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Hey there. I agree that this is all a bit odd. But hey this medical stuff is sure not an exact science. Just have to keep plugging away, ask lots of questions and advocate for ourselves. Sounds like you are in good hands and will find out what is going on. Hope the "freaking out" is over for you soon.

Take care and hopefully you are enjoying "ball" season

Sandra

Hey SD....I know the feeling ..believe me....we all do...but ya know what...like someone here once said..."it is what it is" and I alway's remember that...but still doesn't take away from the scaniety..but try to stay positive....I recently had a scare that turned out to be nothing....Good luck!!

BTW...I love the Cleveland Indians...but only after my Baltimore Orioles... :lol:

hugs...nonni

I have a little new news. The nurse from the neurosurgeons office called and said they were referred from the spine Doc. She said the committee agreed on doing a biopsy to see what this is. She explained the Pet again was negative but the MRI shows that it could be a possible met. and there still unsure what it is and want to make sure. She said the Doc. wants to do an open biopsy and not waste time with a needle biopsy. I now have to wait till next Monday 5/5 to talk to him about the procedure. The nurse explained a little about the open biopsy and that if it is a met. or whatever while he's in there and don't quote me on this but in so many words it sounds like he would be able to clean it out or whatever they do. She said the Doc. would explain more on Monday she also mentioned a couple of times about possible disc degeneration and if it's not cancer seeing a orthopedic Doc. for other treatment options. I know it was just the nurse talking but I feel alittle better about things. From talking to her it seems they are still very unclear of what this is and it's the first time that they mentioned if the biopsy is neg. about other treatment options and a possibility of this still being some form of an injury. As far as me the pain seems a little better but I can still feel something is not right. Thanks again for all the kind words and your input it really helps. All I know is I need to get this handled it's baseball season and I coach my son's 2 teams and I need to be 100% or atleast 98% it's hard work running around with these 11 and 12 yr old's. Nonni thanks for the support for the Indian's in case you haven't noticed I really love baseball and coaching. One of my favorite players growing up was one of your Oriole's the IronMan Cal Ripken I always tell my son and players about him and anytime they can watch film or read books about him that he's the type of player to be like as there growing up.

Steve-

Well, it sounds like pretty good new to me!! Still betting on the fact that its from the box incident but its good to know that if not, they can do something right away. And there are drugs like Zometa they can give you also to help if it is a bone met.

Sorry you have to wait again - I think waiting is worse than any of the actual procedures for me. Hopefully running around after all those boys will help the time to go by faster!!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers - let us know what you find out on Monday!!

Hugs - Patti B.

P.S. GO TRIBE!!!!!! What do ya think of Cliff Lee this year?????

Steve, this sounds like good news to me too. I know you are still waiting for more tests, but the fact that it isn't clearly a met and the Drs want ot be sure means that they don't think it is anything, but want to absolutely sure--they are looking out for you!

Susan