Getting to Know You- April 30

Ann

I would really love doing this. I think it would be such a neat way to see the country, chat with people and make new friends. I love watching the old movies that have people traveling on the train. Hey. I even love the movies that have people traveling on the wagon train!!!

Sense I am a seasoned train traveler I will say I am devided. I like being in coach because there is always company around. I have met some very nice people over the years. On the other hand as I get older the idea of a bed so I can lay flat when I sleep is sounding better and better. I hope by the time I take my trip to Louisiana next year I can afford the sleeper :!:

Bags are packed....when do we leave. That may be easier than a motor home.

Col, you remember when we went to Cedars Point in Ohio and it was like the furthest west you had ever been, and we were all making fun of you. :P:P ..lol...

Since then you've been to Los Angelas, cabo, puerta via arta ( or however te heck you spell it), and you're going to Colorado too...

YOu've come a long way from driving east for an hour and a half till the road ends at the water like all you Philadelphians LOVE to do.

OH Amtrak here I come! Want the Link!?!?!?!?!?!?! :wink::mrgreen::mrgreen: we actually had a trip to florida planned by rail one time but things prevented it from happening!

JB - you are right. I was thinking of the Cedars Point trip when I wrote that :o) I remember thinking how pathetic it was that at in my early 20s, I hadn't been further west than Pittsburgh, PA. I can't believe I actually made it to LA, even if it was only for one night. :lol: I always love the Jersey shore, but seeing more of the country by train sounds good to me too!!

I just want to add one thing to this post. As a seasoned train travler and a history buff I hate to see the way the train system in this country is being neglected. The railroad is our heritage and something that needs to be passed on to our children. Every child should ride a train at least once.

So next time you can't decide what to do or where to go on vacation, buy that train ticket. Maybe if enough people do that it will stilll be around for a long time.