tarceva not working

Don M

I had a scan yesterday and based on the growth of 8 small nodules, the doctors say that the tarceva is not working. The large tumor has shrunk and stabilized since the last 2 scans and they think that the cyberknife treatment I had a year ago is finally stopping the big tumor. It may be dying. I am going to try taxotere next.

Don M

Don

Sorry to hear the Tarceva isn't working but really glad that you have an alternate way to go. Just keep on keepin on. I will be praying this one works.

Kinda got the same news yesterday - after 12 treatments of Taxol everything is the same, at least it's the same), so will have 6 more sessions of Taxol. God Bless

Nancy B

(((Don)))

I'm sorry that the Tarceva is no longer working but am so glad that you have another option. Hopefully, the Taxotere will kick some cancer butt big time!!!

You are such an inspiration to me. I am wishing you all the best.

Hugs - Patti B.

Don,

Sorry to hear about the mixed bag --- damn Tarceva (when it doesn't work!) Taxotere (with Gemzar) did great things for a long time for my husband. Good luck on this next option. You da' man Don, you da' man!

Best wishes,

Welthy

You might want to ask your Doctors about HKI-272 or other irreversible EGFR inhibitors.

I am not sure how the trials are going for these drugs, but they are supposed to work once a mutation happens and Tarceva stops working

Take care

Stupid Tarceva...Where does it get off picking and choosing who to work for?

Sorry for the mixed bag of results Don. I was really thinking the Tarceva would work as well as it has for Col.

Wishing all the best with your next treatment.

Anyone feel like you're working at the customer service desk when your current treatment is no longer effective...or throughout this Journey overall....You just keep looking up and saying "Next".

I always think of your tenacity, Don, because it is truly inspirational. Your postings on how to advocate for healthcare have been very enlightening to Bill and me.

You have my every wish for success.

It is good to know that you are feeling good while you wait to begin the Taxotere.

Excelsior!

Barbara