Sad news about Heather "Hebbie"

KatieB

Hello All,

It is with great sadness that I inform you that Heather Saler passed away last night. As we all know, Heather was an integral part of the growth of LUNGevity, and part of our family here at LCSC. Her strength, courage and perseverance are inspiring to all who knew her and knew of her.

Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for letting us know about Heather. I am so very, very saddened to read this news. Heather was one of the first to reach out to me online. We both had been diagnosed with the same stage and she was so very supportive to me. My thoughts, prayers and sincere sympathy goes to her son, husband and family. Hebbie will truly be missed.

Carol

What a horrible tragedy. She was such a wonderful person and did so much to get the word out about lung cancer. When I attended the LUNGevity volunteer conference last year they told the story of Heather calling them and asking if she could do a walk for them. They were amazed that this woman living in New Jersey was offering to start a walk for their foundation. Her efforts led others to start walks and events across the United States. She has done so much for all of us, through her support here and in helping find a cure for this monster.

My condolences to Brad and Tyler. I hope that her walk will be able to go on in her memory now.

You fought a good fight Heather- we will miss you~

Rochelle