20 Inspirational Mother’s Day Quotes

dadstimeon

1. Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own, by Aristotle.

2. All mothers are working mothers. Author Unknown

3. And remember that behind every successful woman......is a basket of dirty laundry, Author Unknown.

4. No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement, by: Florida Scott-Maxwell.

5. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary, by Dorothy Canfield Fisher.

6. As is the mother, so is her daughter, by Ezekiel 16:4

7. Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother, by Lin Yutang, Chinese writer.

8. No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life. Anonymous

9. Biological possibility and desire are not the same as biological need. Women have childbearing equipment. For them to choose not to use the equipment is no more blocking what is instinctive than it is for a man who, muscles or no, chooses not to be a weightlifter, by Betty Rollin

10. Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age, by William Feather, The Business of Life, 1949

11. Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children, by Sam Levenson.

12. Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. By: Marion C. Garretty

13. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

14. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother, by Oprah Winfrey

15. You may have tangible wealth untold;/Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold./Richer than I you can never be -/I had a mother who read to me, by Strickland Gillilan

16. Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children, by William Makepeace Thackeray.

17. Where there is a mother in the home, matters go well by, Amos Bronson. Alcott

18. If I am Thy child, O God, it is because Thou gavest me such a mother, by St. Augustine.

19. For when you looked into my mother's eyes you knew, as if He had told you, why God had sent her into the world...it was to open the minds of all who looked to beautiful things, by James M. Barrie.

20. Everybody knows that a good mother gives her children a feeling of trust and stability. She is their earth. She is the one they can count on for the things that matter most of all. She is their food and their bed and the extra blanket when it grows cold in the night; she is their warmth and their health and their shelter; she is the one they want to be near when they cry. She is the only person in the whole world in a whole lifetime who can be these things to her children. There is no substitute for her. Somehow even her clothes feel different to her children's hands from anybody else's clothes. Only to touch her skirt or her sleeve makes a troubled child feel better, by Katharine Butler Hathaway