My fears were realized. I'm so scared.

Gracie

My sister was due for more chemo last Fri but they drained her lung instead - said she needed that more. They want to put in a catheter now so she can do it at home? Anyone know anything about this?

They also said they saw some different spots on her brain MRI and she needs to see the radiologist this week. They also want an MRI of her spine now. We don't know much more than that.

Can anyone tell me what this means? I am so scared for my sister. She is so strong and has been pretty positive until this point. Our family is just devestated. Thanks.

Fluid on the lung is very common, and yes it's very important to get if out of there. As for the MRI's it's good that they are doing them ASAP. Best to be on top of things and it sounds like her doctor's are.

This journey is very up and down very unprodictable. Things can change in minutes sometimes, and other times they don't. There's no rhyme or reason to why things happen the way they day.

This is a very scary journey but knowing her doctor's are doing all these tests and keeping and eye on things is encouraging. They are covering all bases.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Hi Gracie. I can appreciate your devastation after just having some down news myself. I am sure the doctors are doing all the right things. It is so hard to just get around one corner and then another race starts when you hadn't recovered from the 1st. All I can say is hang in there, vent a bit, and the sun will start shining again...this journey sucks but somehow we get through it day by day with lots of support from others. Take care

Sandra