SOB after blood clot incident

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if any of you can tell me about recovery after having a blood clot.

Hank was hospitalized with a blood clot in his lung from April 16th to the 24th. Since then his shortness of breath has become much worse then it ever was. We saw his pulmonologist yesterday, and he says that in time his breathing might become better. That's good to hear, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has shared this experience. Is it likely that he will eventually be breathing better, or just a possibility?

Anyway, looking forward to hearing your experiences.

Thanks,

Gail

Gail, I'm sorry he is having difficulty with his breathing still. It's not fun having SOB that's for sure! However, with all that your husband has been through it would be very hard to determine WHAT might be causing his SOB. God only knows!

I had a blood clot and I too had SOB (not from the blood clot) and sadly enough I still do. Is it because of the blood clot I have SOB? I don't think so! I too have heart problems and of course I only have one lung along with COPD and past surgeries that can weaken the lung and heart. Chemo's, Radiation, Cancer itself, heart issues, medications, surgeries, can ALL cause SOB.

I had open heart surgery in Dec 2007 and they THOUGHT it would help with my SOB, yet as of today it doesn't appear to be doing anything for my SOB. I don't think anyone could be sure as to what is causing your hubbies SOB with his health history.

Best wishes.

Hi Connie,

Thanks for your reply. I guess we'll just have to hang onto hope and see what the future holds. The SOB issue has really become the major issue. Not the lung cancer! Boy, thought I'd never say that, but it's true. I don't know, but I am thinking and hoping that since it has only been since the blood clot that his breathing has become so bad, that maybe once he has really had time to heal from it things may improve. Hope this turns out to be the case.

All the best,

Gail