is there a "disgusted" stage of grief?

atlanta1

Hello everybody - we have a DVD of pictures of Dad - from his childhood, my childhood, vacations, the grandkids with him, etc. This was running at the funeral home during visitation. I have just today been able to sit and watch the whole thing through...but I can't stand to have the music turned on with it I have to mute it. Just can't believe this time last year - he was playing pitch with my 8 year old baseball player son, and giving $1 to my other son each time he scored a soccer goal. Even last July we all went to Daytona Beach, FL - his favorite place in the world. And here we are now - we just had his funeral last Saturday. I feel like I've been on a different planet for the past several months and now that there's no Dr. visits to accompany, no daily call to see how he's doing or going out to eat just because he felt good that day - I just feel kinda lost and am really not interested in work, the news, or anything else except checking in on Mom and caring for my own family. Is there a "disgusted" stage of grief? That's pretty much how I feel - disgusted at the disease itself, disgusted that at times I feel Dad never had a chance as he was dealing with first one thing then another, disgusted that millions are spent on figuring out how monkeys communicate, but very little on lung cancer research, disgusted that people struggle to pay for gas to get to the doctor's office. Maybe I need to go throw something but I just had to vent this morning.

2 years and 4 months and 28 days Here and I am still disgusted. Not so much mad anymore though. I can sympathize with you on that one all the way!!!!

Oh sure, there is definately a disgusted stage. Mine is pretty much constant! It varies as to what exactly I'm disgusted with--the disease, the side effects, the fact that my parents are gone, or just stupid people in general. And it's even worse for me because I work in the field and start to go "what's the point!!?!!"

Hugs to you, we understand here what you're going through.

Leslie