Hi, New Member with Ltd SCLC

Hello everyone,

I am so glad I found this site. I actually have tears of happiness in my eyes!

The advice I had gotten from oncologists was to not do too much research and

to focus on support and treatments. And I totally agreed with them after taking

a few peeks and few google searches.

I was actually shocked at most of the info I found-

because physically I felt very good and emotionally I felt almost euphoric ( for the limited stage I was given).

This is the only truly positive support site I have found.

I knew I was sick since Jan 11. 2008 but they didn't find anything wrong with

me until I went to Er 4.13.08 and I was biopsied and diagnosed within 12 hours.

I am 41 years old and have a 5 year old daughter and truly feel blessed most days-

but I have these little anxiety spells and moments when I truly get scared and I am afraid to let my family see this weakness in me.

I hope to get to know all of you better as I read your stories and posts.

Marianne

PS. was a smoker for at least 15 years - up until a week before diagnosis

Hi Maryanne

Welcome to this site. You will find the members here very supportive with a lot of knowledge.

P.S. I was a smoker until I went in through the hospital doors for my operation.

Hi, Marianne, welcome! We have a good number of members who are doing very well with limited SCLC, and you've apparently read some of their profiles already. Please let us know what treatment is being planned for you.

I suggest you also visit cancergrace.org (the previous onctalk.com has been folded into GRACE, Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). There's a wealth of information there, especially on lung cancer, constantly updated by a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions from people like you and me. A lot of us have "dual citizenship" so to speak, and have the same usernames there as here.

Aloha,

Ned

I know lots of people who were diagnosed with SCLC years and years ago and are still NED -no evidence of disease. They had chemo and preventative brain radiation.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna G

If you click on the profile button at top you can put your profile in your signature. It helps us when you have specific questions. THis is a wonderful place to be under the circumstances!!

Welcome, Marianne! So glad you found the site - it is a wonderful resource. I've found that even when I think I have some oddball question (my mom has SCLC), there are usually a handful here that have experience with it and advice to offer!

Prayers & best wishes for a successful treatment,

Nicole

Marianne, welcome to the best support group you could hope for.

My wife, Bev, was diagnosed with SCLC-Limited in Sept./04.

She is doing very well right now.

It is scary, but you can get through it and carry on.

I hope you can take some solace in the success stories

of the awesome fighters on this board.

Best Wishes,

Kim

Welcome Marianne!

Youhave found a great spot to ask questions and to let it all out if need be! My father battled sclc for 3 years before passing 3 1/2 weeks ago. I wish I would of know about this site earlier... it is such a gold mine of information and support!!

Shelli