I finally had a good dream

blueeye

about my Mom. I was showing her the scrapbook I'm working on of her and the song "The Prayer" by Celine Dion was playing in the background. But just the beginning of it where it says :

I pray you'll be our eyes,

and watch us where we go,

and help us to be wise

in times when we don't know.

Let this be our prayer

when we lose our way:

Lead us to a place,

Guide us with Your grace

To a place where we'll be safe

-----------------------------------------

I hadn't even heard that song in a while. How weird that it got in my head and stayed.

After my Dad died (aggressive prostate cancer, very traumatic death), I also had a dream.

I was driving down the road. I got to an intersection, and there stood my dad! I slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car. Dad, Dad! I've missed you so much!

Dad, you have all your hair! (My dad had the most glorious full head of red hair right up until the day he shaved himself bald before he started chemo treatments.) I know. Isn't that cool? Dad, you're dead. Yeah, but would you mind if I come to visit you once in a while? Of course not!

I cried every single day before I had that dream. But he was at peace. I could see it on his face! And, although I still miss my dad terribly, I have not shed a single tear for him after that dream. Now, I remember all the love he gave to me in the 40 years and 4 days that we had together. And I am comforted.

You'll never convince me that he didn't come to me to let me know that he was OK. Oh, and those tears? Well, misting up doesn't count when it's caused by an overwhelming feeling of love.

What an inspirational story ( dream)

I don't now how souls can break through from where they are to help us grievers to know they are feeling fine and not to worry. It gives you a feeling of peace that you did not have before.

You are sp lucky he was able to communicated with you through your dreams!!

I know people look for signs after a love one passes and so dissapointed when they do not receive any. But there may have been but they just didn't realsize there was one.

I know they are only a whisper away whe we need them most.

May peace continue to be with you.

Maryanne :wink: