Getting to Know You - May 21

Ann

Davis C has my vote!!! I like David A. He has a great voice but when it gets right down to it, what really stands out about him. He's a good singer but not a good entertainer. You know what I mean? He just lacks the charisma. For me, it's like he's completely programmed to go out and sing. Most of his songs are way too old...and too "gooey" (Simon) for a 17 year old kid to be singing. Sure, these young girls love him now but how many CD's will he sell to them singing that type of song?

On the other hand, David Cook has charisma and audience appeal. He has shown his ability to sing many different types of songs and has done well with all of them. He's a bit older and is better able to handle the pressure of being the winner of this competition. Personally, I think the AI big-wigs think Cook is going to win and that's why the judges had all the great compliments for David A last night. This way, it will appear to be a real shocker when Cook wins!!! Regardless, I love David Cook and hope he wins tonight. I was a rock fan in my younger days but have mellowed out a lot over the years. I have to say that David C is the first rocker I've cared for in many years amd I would rush out to buy his cd!!!

Ann,

I really think David A will win. I am a fan of both and up until last night I thought it would be David C, but David A sang his little heart out last night. Too bad we can't just have a tie. My heart broke last night when David C was mopping tears from his eyes. I found last night to be very emotional. My heart went out to both of them for different reasons. Something tells me that it will be hard to choke back the tears tonight for sure. I will miss this show.

Sue

David Cook should win! He has a powerful and distinctive voice. He has shown tremendous versatility and talent. He seems like a genuine person that many can relate to. I love all kinds of music, but find I am partial to his type of music.

I do think David A. has a wonderful voice and a Barry Manilow vibe - which in today's world may not give him staying power. Also, he is so young for all the pressure - he get enough from his dad. Since day one, when he waited to hear the judges opinions he looked like he would pass out or cry at any moment. The industry will eat him alive!

Ann - I hope you're right about the judges comments last night. Even if he doesn't win, he will go on to be great. Look at Chris Daughtry. GO DAVID COOK!!!!!

DAVID COOK IS THE MAN!!!!!!

I really want David Cook to win but am afraid David A. will because all the little 12-13 year old girls were up all night voting for him. David A. does have a good voice but I am sick of his nicey, nice gonna cry routine. Our Fox affiliate here in Cleveland did a poll and David Cook was leading by a hair!! Also, they mentioned that there is a website called Idolvote or something like that where they can determine by the busy signals which phone lines got more votes. Supposedly it was David Cook and they have a 100% track record so far!!!

GO DAVID COOK!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Patti B.

YEAH!!!!! DAVID COOK IS THE MAN!!!!

Can you believe - it wasn't even close - he beat David A. by 12 million votes!! Wow!!

I heard on the news this morning from someone who interviewed David Cook last night that he had really resigned himself to losing and had practiced how he was going to turn to David A., hug him, congratulate him and tell him how much he deserved to win. Guess that's why he didn't know what to do when his name was called!!

And hey - do you think Simon had inside info and thats why he apologized to David Cook right before they called the results???

Patti B.

I couldn't believe Simon apologized to David Cook!!! Yes...I think he probably knew the results and wanted to smooth things over a bit. The really important thing is that DAVID COOK WON!!!! I'm so happy and just can't wait until he has a CD hit the stores so I can run out and buy it!!!

And...didn't Jason look great last night???

I was thrilled to see David Cook win as well. Albeit a member here who will go unnamed made the results public to me before watching the show!! Need to be more careful about time differences!!!!

It was nice to see our Canadian rocker boy Brian Adams do a song with David.

Now I get to look forward to Canadian Idol!! Do you guys in states get to see that at all? We have had some good talent in the past as well.

I, like a lot of you, figured David A would win while thinking that David Cook should. Of course, I just think of him as a "home town" boy since he's from the KC area and that's close enough for me! (Like anyone from lil Ole Iowa's ever even going to make it past the first round LOL)

I'm so thrilled that Cook won...and yes, I think Simon knew.

I don't know if Canadian Idol shows in the states or not...if it does it's on cable stations and not on "regular" tv, so I wouldn't see it anyway. Bummer.

I have been a David Cook fan from the get-go. I thought he had a much broader range and a better personality and stage presence for an entertainer than David A.

David A. would make a great soloist in a choir.

David (Cutie) Cook can rock as good as any and when he sang both the song from Phantom and the First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - well, just WOW!!!!!

Yea Hoo!! David Cook won!!!

I would like to thank Patti for the tremendious "hand sqeezing" I endured last night. I am just now able to write, eat, ect. again! :lol::lol::lol: I had given in to the fact that David A. would win.. (the teeny bopper syndrome) But SO glad that he didnt!

Shelli

So Patti-so much for me trying not to break your cover...but hey neither of us are shy then are we. Just don't ashame yourself again...or do..and we can all have a good laugh!! My goodness I pray you don't get Canadian Idol on your cable network!!!

Sandra- I am going to sign up for Canadian Idol on pay for view!!!! Ha Ha!!

Shell - You need to cut your fingernails, I have claw marks in my hand!!!

Ann - Yes, Jason looked so dreamy........... did you know he supposedly scored over 1400 on his SATs??? Smart and gorgeous!!! :wink:

Hugs - Patti B.

I am really thrilled that Dave Cook won. To me he deserved it even though David A certainly has a great career ahead of him. I love the way David Cook while he was singing, put his arm aroud the other David a couple of times. Shows he has a lot of class.

I was really pissed at Simon for what he said to Cook on the last show before the fial voting, I thought that was so unfair. I could only imagine what went through David Cooks head. That was certainly not the time to declair that David A should win.

Anyway to me poetic justice. He won by more than 12 million votes. Can you even imagine how many that is?

I also don't think it was fair to even mention how many votes a person won by. I think that was the first time they ever did that.

I did enjoy the show. I think they did a great job. As good as Dancing with the Stars last episode.

Maryanne :wink: