Good Report!

chloesmom

I'm thrilled to let you all know that my big scary appointment with my lung surgeon was yesterday. Had the ct scan and then saw doctor about 2 hours later. He said my scan was clear! :D

This marks my 5 year 'anniversary' of my lung cancer diagnosis and surgery. The doctor said that we will continue to see each other once a year for the rest of my life, and "that's going to be a long, long time."

After scans the past few years, we are going to annual chest x-rays to monitor my lungs. I am happy about that, because, while I understand a scan is a better study, I don't like the exposure to excess radiation that a scan causes, particularly since I had chest radiation for breast cancer before all this happened. I also feel confident that this surgeon will detect anything minutely out of place on my x-ray, as he has a series of them to use for comparison purposes.

Today I am one very grateful survivor, and I remain thankful to have all of the great folks here to share victories, worries, war stories, heartbreaking losses, and all of the rest of life's twists and turns!

Cindy

Wonderful news update! I agree about the CT's, too much radiation can give us a new cause for cancer. What are you doing to celebrate?

Donna G

Cindy!

I am so sorry I missed this and am late!!

I am SO happy that you are here, and that you made 5 years, and that I met you and that we have had 5 years of sharing our 'separated at birth' stories!!

And yes, as Katie said, you are solely responsible for educating me as to how Chloe is spelled!! :roll: Who knew? Except Katie and the rest of the world.....

Cindy, congratulations and breathe easier girlfriend- 5 years! Can you believe it?