Taxol no longer working

Nancy B

I guess I have gone as far as I can with Taxol. It got me stable, no progression, but no improvement either. I have 2 weeks off and then will start on Etoposide (VP16) in pill form. This is one of the first chemos I had with the sclc.

Does anyone know - is the pill form more effective? They said the side effects will be the same as infusion. As I recall, it wasn't a pleasant chemo, but then again, what is?

I told my onc that my son is getting married in October and I WILL be at the wedding, he said "OK".

Thanks for being here - I post when I can, but having chemo once a week and trying to work - I get tired.

God Bless,

Nancy B

Hi Nancy. Stable is good news. And glad to hear you are moving on to something that will maybe get you more than stable. Best of luck with the etoposide, I had the infusion kind, but had it with cisplatin. I definitely felt rotten after, more a few days after the chemo and in getting the anti nausea drugs. Glad to hear you have managed to keep working through this but I hope you can give yourself a break from work if you need to. Take care

Sandra

Nancy,

I know you were hoping for reduction but stabe is good news. I only had VP16 as infusion so I can't answer your questions about the oral kind. I took it with carboplatin. I don't know which chemo did what but I didn't feel all that bad. Nausea and hair loss were my biggest complaints. Know that I am praying for you that this will do the trick.

Nina

Praying that this oral chemo works well for you Nancy. Keeping you in my prayers. Start looking for that perfect dress to wear to the wedding.

Carol

Nancy,

Thinking of you. I just know that you'll make that great wedding in October as a happy mom of the groom! Good luck with the new plan.

You continue to be in my best thoughts all the time.

Cindy

Hi Nancy - Keep looking up....I am praying that the VP 16 does the job. For the fatigue I expereince with Tarceva I talked to my Oncologist, and he ordered a generic form of adderrall (amphetamine salt combo) and it really has helped alot for me.

I know you will be there for your sons wedding....Praying for the right tx to do the trick.

Joe B

Nancy,

I have no answers to your question, but count me in as one of those people that think of you often.

I have no doubt that you can do anything you set your mind to - and I know that you will be there at your son's wedding also. You are one of the strongest women that I know. Keep putting one foot in front of the other Nancy - you have a lot of cheerleaders behind you.

Hi Nancy,

Sorry to hear that it is time to change your treatment course!

I did have vp16 but it was in a combo with cisplatin. Overall I had very limited side effects and good results, so I have my fingers crossed that the vp16 is the magic bullet.

Wendy