OH My Aching.....

Well the rad doc said it would be a couple of weeks before Tom would start to feel the effects of radiation but tonight he is walking a little funny and holding onto the walls because he is very achy in his legs.

But I got out the lotion and gave him a rub down because his skin is all dried out especially on his feet. Also drugged him up with his Tramadol and hopefully he will get some good sleep tonight.

Denise

Thanks all. Well we got through the night okay and this morning he felt fine. We got up and went for breakfast at our favorite little hangout (Grammy D's)and off to work I go and off to radiation #3 for him.

Grammy D aka Dorothy is the one mentioned in earlier post that keeps Tom eating. I found out yesterday from Tom that she has not been charging him for breakfast when he goes in alone. He goes there 7 days a week. Sometimes twice a day. If he stops in just for coffee he is not allowed to leave unless he has something to eat. She also takes his BP every morning and keeps a record for him to take to his doctor appt's.

I think it is her way of showing her support and friendship. She is a rare gem.

Tom also has his counter critter buddies that are there every morning with him. There is a lady named Janet who Tom was talking to about getting another car. She had one that had been in a minor scrape and she was going to donate to charity. Well Tom showed an interest and thought he had negotiated a fair price. Well the other day she came in and handed Tom the signed title and keys and said it is all yours. She gave him the car for free!!!! :shock: I just couldn't believe it. :o She said she had collected enough money from the insurance company to cover what she would have charged him so just take it.

We sure have met some good eggs in this journey.

Denise

Denise

Denise, you and Tom certainly have some good karma going on. I was a little wistful listening to you talk about Tom and his counter buddies. I used to have a place to hang out like that for years when I lived in Pennsylvania and my husband travelled all the time on his job. I've never been able to replace it here and I sometimes miss it terribly.

Glad Tom had a good night and hope the rest of the treatment is uneventful but successful--not asking for too much, are we!

Judy in Key West