Caretaker's Caretaker

Anybody want to offer to be the caretaker's caretaker? I think all the stress is starting to manifest itself in me physically. I reaggrevated my sciatica (why can't weeds pull themselves) and I think the stress of everything is making it worse. I took something for pain and it had not kicked in and I can't sleep or get comfortable no matter what position I am in. I have 1 week to get better so I can participate in the walk in Lake Arlington on June 7th. I'll crawl if I have too. I hurt!!!

Denise

Thanks. If the weeds were in my lawn I think I would just leave them there. But as it was the weeds are growing in with my flowers and bushes and they are clashing. I should know better than to over do it with having existing back issues for years. I already spent time as an inpatient in a rehab facility for 2 weeks from sciatica. I had physical therapy, epidurals etc to control the pain.

I don't want to end up there again especially with Tom being sick. He needs me. I have put myself on the backburner once before and I would do it again in a heartbeat for my man. About 4 years ago I was scheduled to have exploratory surgery and then Tom ended up having to have the quad bypass. I put my surgery off for a full month and dealt with the pain until he was able to take care of himself. Mine was not as life threatening.

AHHHH....

You lay your bets and then you pay the price

The things we do for love, the things we do for love

Ooh, you made me love you

Ooh, you've got a way

When after all it's just a compromise of

Denise

Denise,

Any pain that keeps you from sleeping is just too much! When mine gets really really bad, I try alternating 20 min with a heating pad and 20 cold (those soft gel packs you put in the freezer). My massage therapist recommended it years ago. I have chronic back pain and it has to be really bad to do this routine cause it means getting up every 20 minutes but it is really effective.

Judy in Key West

Judy

I haven't tried the hot cold thing in a while. I'll have to try that again. Tom has the heating pad going all night as it is and I do have the cold packs in the freezer.

Shannon

2 grandkids are in TX and 1 is about 1 1/2 hour drive away. Jayla is only 2 but she helps pick up the sticks in the yard. She is actually quite helpful for being so small.

Today is just a constant ache. Not so much pain enough to take anything stronger than an advil.

Thanks everyone,

Denise