Mom's Bone Scan--Not Good News. . .

fillise

I went to see sex and the City last night and had a carefree 2 and 1/2 hours. When I got out of the movie, I had a message from my brother--call right away. Those messages scare the heck out of me, but I knew what he would tell me on this one. Mom got the results of her bone scan and it shows that there are spots all up and down her spine. She also has a spot on her rib (the place where she has been sore and thought she had broken a rib). She will see her oncologist on Wednesday so they can decide on a course of action.

She has been off all treatment for a little over a year, and I knew this day would come, but she had such a good report last week from her CT scan showing the primary tumor to be stable that I thought we would be ok this time. He ordered the bone scan as an aferthought-just to makse sure non of her pain was coming from cancer. I'm glad he did, otherwise she might have gone another 3 months, but she is devestated by this news.

She told me this morning that she won't panic until after she talks to the oncologist. I know there are still many weapons in the arsenal, but I have to say I'm bummed right now.

Susan

(((Susan)))

I am so terribly sorry to hear this. I know you and your mom must be devastated by this news.

Hopefully they can either start some chemo again or zap the crap outa those spots.

You and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers - please let us know what the docs decided.

Hugs - Patti B.

(((Susan))),

This isn't the news any of us want to hear. Please, try to hang in there. Wait until she meets with the doctors and see what they have to say. Hopefully, they can come up with a good treatment plan. In the meantime, know that you have my prayers, as always.

Hugs,

Sue

(((Susan))) - I am so sorry about the results of the bone scan. I will be keeping you, your mom and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the meeting on Wednesday will result in a treatment plan to get things back on track again.

Take care,

Linda

Thanks everyone. I talked with my mom's friend who is a retired nurse. She will be going with mom to the onc on Wed. and I have her my list of questions. She is going to call me when they are finished. I know mom will call, but she sometimes doesn't hear everything. I've also started looking to see if there are any clinical trials--and a couple look promising. So now it is just wait and see. . . . I hate that part. :wink:

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers--y'all are AWESOME!

Susan