Spine/Back Radiation Treatment Update

StrahDawg

Sorry took so long to update but I have just been super busy with work, baby, son's baseball and Oh Yeah! this stupid pain in the and I'll be nice " back " problem. I've gone 3 day's now for radiation and honestly I feel little change other than my back feel's a little better which is good. I have 7 more day's and Doc says will have a short recovery and we will re-scan and see what it looks like. Sandral to answer your question on the radiation I get 10 mv 300 cGy per fraction and over the 10 day's a total of 3000 cGy. I have no idea what that mean's but my Rad. Onc. said it wasn't to strong of a treatment plan. Ned/Recce101 I wanted to let you know you were sort of on the right track with this possibly being there since my original diagnosis. My doctor's haven't officially called this a met and said it is quite possible it has been sitting there all along and dorment and when I injured my back it may of woke it up or aggitated it so to speak and got it going. Thank's again for all the kind word's and prayer's. As alway's back at you with the same, keep your game face's on and enjoy every new day!

That kind of busy sounds like fun - well, except for the pain in the "____" part! Anyhow, I am glad you are getting a bit of relief after 3 treatments - imagine how good it should feel after the remaining 7!

Anyhow, glad things are progressing nicely and keep us posted on the follow up scan. Take care.

Linda

Well Steve I am glad to hear you are in the midst of radiation. I wouldn't be that surprised that you don't feel much of a difference yet. I have had radiation before, and it is cumulative. With 30 sessions of radiation to my lung, I didn't feel a thing until months later.

and it seems that you are getting smaller blasts than I so hopefully that means you have a much smaller, or no met at all. In any case, I hope your back continues to get better and whatever the heck it is just buggers off! I am also very suspicious that my met was there all along and that I triggered it skiing or exercising, cause I just can't believe it could show up in my case, in 2 short months after being NED. I will post an update to my treatments next. Hard to pull myself away from that hockey game though! Take care

Sandra

Just wanted to give a short update radiation is now complete and with minimal side effects. Just recently over the last 2 days I had a little upset stomach and actually pepto did the trick, other than that the back pain seems maybe a little better but doc said it would probably take atleast a month or so for the bone to heal and pain to subside. Now we will wait about a month and then re-scan and see what weve got.

So glad to heal you got thru the radiation so well. Here's hoping you're pain free soon. And as far as the wait goes, distraction, distraction, distraction. Hope you won't have too much difficulty finding that. Wait, I just remembered your Avatar. You have at least one kid, right? Oh well, don't think distraction will be so much of a problem.

Judy in Key West

Steve - so glad that the radiation was somewhat gentle on you. Isn't that Pepto something :lol: ! Hope you feel better as each day goes by and when that scan comes up the question will be "what met!" Keeping you in my thoughts until then.

Linda