This Is Greg G.

Hello everyone, i couldnt log on this pc for some reason here. The reason i havent posted is cuz im in the hospital. I took my treatment last fri. and by sat. i had big trouble. I had a very bad weekend. Lots of nausea,pain,coughing,fever,sweats etc.... mon we went to dr. and they admitted me quickly. I really was very very sick. Temp spiked at over 100.0 lots of cramping, nausea, etc...... i have had lots of tests since then. Actually today is the first day i have even been coherent enough to get out of bed. i just found out i have accsess to this pc so i will be back on tomm. to post more. I miss you all so much !!!!! it looks as if ill be here several more days so ill definately give you all a full update as soon as i gain my bearings and get the full scoop myself.

Missing all my friends

bart ziggie ( greg )

You scared us to death! We've been asking about you in the chat room wondering what happened. Take care and get your rest, keep us posted. Try to get that hospital turkey down.

Remember we're all here for you if you need something holler.

Greg,

Boy nice to hear from ya, so sorry your having a time of it, :(

Sometimes we get those days where we just have to take it as it comes, thank God were still here and say a prayer!!

I'll be saying one for you today!

God bless and hang in there

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

I worked in the ICU today at "my" hospital, and, MAN, it does stink to be in the hospital at Thanksgiving. I felt sorry for every patient and family member I saw. Hoping that your stay will not last even half as long as the turkey day leftovers, Greg.... Best wishes, Teresa

Hey guys, and gals, geeeeeez i missed you all so bad :D I am almost giddy just being able to get back here to all my friends. Thank you for all your replies, and supportive comments. Hopefully if all goes well i will be out of here at least by early next week. I will not see my reg Oncologist again until Sun. so i wont know exactly what the heck happened to me until then. I know i was very ill when i got here and barely remember anything from last sat. until Tues evening. 100 fever is bad stuff. That was my first go round with it and i want no part of that again anytime soon. Well enough said about that. I hope everyone enjoyed a great holiday with thier families and loved ones. I had several visitors here to see me and the hospital had plenty of turkey with all the trimmings. Not exactly what i had envisioned but ill take it. Again, i love you all and missed you more than i could tell you. Soooooooo now i am back and your stuck with me again hahahahaha.........

Your friend

Greg

Hi Greg

Let us know if what you experienced is more of the reaction to Cistplatin. I know that like Carboplatin it is Platinum based. No one told us that Platinum builds up in your body and sooner or later causes problems until After Johnny ended up in the hospital. His temperature climbed to 104. Really high considering normal for him was 97. His blood pressure almost bottomed out too. The next day he was fine. No more problems until later when the anxiety started. I have sometimes wondered tho if that reaction could not have helped trigger part of the anxiety.

Hang in there and be tough like you sound. You may have been there for Thanksgiving but Christmas is still ahead. Believe that you will be home by then and all will be well.

You are just one year older than my youngest son. I guess I am a lot more like some of the people I critisize for having set views about lung cancer. I tend to think of it as a disease that attacks us older people. Shame on me when I see so many here that prove me wrong.

Hurry up and get better. Prove all of the doubters wrong. One more shake up in their beliefs can't hurt!!! Lillian