My Dad

tkelley

Well after 6 long years of battling cancer, my dad passed away yesterday afternoon. Unbelievably, it was shortly after receiving a chemo treatment. He had just seen his doctor and everything seemed ok. They gave him his treatment and he went home with my mom. A little while later he was sitting at the kitchen table about to eat and my mom turned around and he was slumped over. I am so thankful that it was not long and drawn out and he was not in pain. His greatest fear was dying in a hospital or from a heart attack. IF there is anyting that is helping me get through this, it is that.

The sad part is that my brother was coming from New York this weekend with his kids so that we could have a Father's Day with all of us together. Needless to say, my brother is feeling quite angry right now. For me, this is just surreal. There were so many times that we thought he wouldn't make it. I never thought he would meet my daughter and she is almost 2. One of the hardest things was telling my six year old son this morning. He is handling it well as I knew he would. Kids are so resilient. We will be traveling back to New York for his funeral and burial.

I want to thank everyone here for all of their love and support over the last four years. I will try to check in when I can.

tKelly, My condolences to you and your family. Your father's picture is a familiar one to me having seen it many times as I wandered around the boards. Do what you need to do and come back anty time you need support from our LCSC family.

Judy in Key West

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He fought hard and I am glad he didn't suffer in the end. May you and your family find the comfort you need in the days to come.

Dar