Update on Don Wood

KatieB

Just thought I'd post about Don. Some of you original members of LCSC and some senior members knew of Don and Lucie's journey with LC.

After Lucie passed, Don decided to move forward with his life and that included moving away from this site. He still does keep in touch with us away from this site and here is his latest news!! (He gave me permission to post this)

Hey, Katie!

Think of you and Rick often. Hope you and family are doing well. I went out to the Rose Parade in L. A. this past New Year's. Went on a tour and had a ball. The end of March I took a two-week tour alone to South America -- southern Chile, Argentina and Brazil. I have always wanted to do that. It was great and good for me to solo on a trip like that. My highlights were the Andes at southern Chile/Argentina, the Iguazu Falls on the Argentina/Brazil border (fantastic!) and Rio, including the 100-foot statue of Christ on a hill overlooking the city.

I and my kids are fine.

I am dating now, since February. It is a lady from church that Lucie and I both knew. Taking it slowly. I enjoy her company and attention. We will be going over to New Orleans in a few weeks to meet my family. Looking forward to that.

How is lcsc doing? You guys have helped so many people. Blessings.

Love, Don

Thank you for sharing this , Katie. I will never forget Don and his courageous wife Lucie. The two of them were such an inspiration to other members of our lung cancer family. Don gave so much of himself to support others and Lucie shared in that support through Don. It really puts a smile in my heart to learn that "our" Don Wood is moving on with life and is so happy. I can't think of anyone who is more deserving than he is of complete and total happiness.

Sue

Thanks for the post, Katie.

As a senior member, Don and I were on here a lot "in the old days". It's a blessing to see that he is moving forward...he and Lucy obviously had a rich life together, but life is for the living and there are no 2nd go-rounds. Lucy would want him to be happy and healthy, just as I do. Best of luck and health to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Katie, you have no idea what a smile you brought to my face by sharing this post from Don with us. I am so happy that Don is doing well and is moving on with his life. Spouses and mates of cancer patients travel the cancer journey in a way that is so heartbreaking. I am always glad to hear when one of our members is able to pick up the pieces of a broken heart and live again. If you hear from Don, please let him know that we all love him and wish him well. He and his dear Lucie will always remain in my heart!!!

Katie, thank you for posting this. I found it now only because I was just sitting here catching up on some reading. It was a delight to see this.

I remember Don and his wife, Lucie, from when I first joined LCSC so long ago. Their beautiful photo is quite imprinted on my mind. He, standing in back of her, and she there, both of them going through the trek together.

Their journey was inspiring. I remember he answered a post for me at one time. I was concerned about Bill's shoulder. Don had a calming influence.

May he enjoy his life in good health, and may many blessings abound.

Barbara

thanks for posting that Katie. What a gentlemen he is. I miss him as he was such a tremendous presence on here and his Lucie... wow how time flies...I wish him the best that life has to offer. He deserves the best as that is what he is.

Maryanne :wink:

• 2 weeks later...