Our own little scanxiety-UPDATED 06-27-08

Larry's Wife

Lynn, I'm so sorry for Larry, you and your family. I'll be off the site in a little while and gone for more than a month but I'll be thinking of Larry and looking for an update whenever I check in.

Wishing much success with the new chemo.

Judy in Key West

We had a new chemo plan all set to go on 06-26-08. Cytoxan and Vincristine. We were ready to walk out the door for chemo. Larry said, "I don't think I can do this. Maybe later." So I rescheduled for later in the day. Then I cancelled the appointment.

Larry isn't really talking directly about it, but he told older daughter today that even though his new lift chair isn't as comfortable as his rented recliner, he wanted to keep the lift chair because "he would only need it for a couple of more weeks."

I think he has made his decision. And I will be posting in the "Path Less Traveled" forum from now on. :cry:

I don't have a lot of physical strength right now but I consider myself to have a lot of inner strength. I am sending some of my extra' inner strength squeezed into the below hug. You're going to need it.

((((((Lynn&Denise))))))

Lynn,

your situation with your husband hits so close to home for me. As you can read Carlton had SCLC and all that he went thru, he fought so hard, it's such a devestating cancer, it takes and takes and is so unforgiving. It is so incredibly difficult to watch someone you love so much deteorate and to be so helpless. I could write volumes on what is going thru my mind right now, but I want you to know you and your family have my prayers, and the most important thing right now is for Larry to be comfortable, that's what I wanted the most for Carlton, and in no pain. Please know you can PM me anytime if you need someone to talk to...

take care

Grace