And it continues...

MsC1210

Just a quick update/rant.

Mom called me a little while ago and did not even want to talk.

First, yesterday while Jerry was having radiation the IDIOT doctor came and talked with Mom. This guy sat there and told her that he was only giving Jerry 2-3 months, tops. She called me last night, hysterical crying and sobbing. I told her about so many of you on this board, how so many of you were given this same kind of crap yet you've overcome the odds and are still here, living and fighting. I told her that this "doctor" is NOT God, he does NOT hold the cards, nor can he possibly know when Jerry's number may be up. I am SO ANGRY!

Today more crap! Jerry was taken down for radiation only to be brought back up immediately because the machine is broken and nobody has any idea how long before it will be fixed. AAARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm really sorry guys, I am just so angry, sad, sick and stressed... We need a break that lasts a little more than 24 hours here and soon.. I am really, really worried about Mom but she says she is fine and refuses to see a doctor right now. I cannot blame her. Not after having been through this mess..

I am hoping to be back soon here with something that resembles better news...

Love and hugs to you all

Chris

Chris, I am so sorry. It's just not fair. You just look like you and your family are starting to catch a break and it all falls apart again.

Hope things look up again--like you said for more than 24 hours--and real soon.

Judy in Key West

Oh Chris - I cannot believe that so much stuff can happen to one person - well, actually to all involved. I can't begin to imagine the stress and fear that you are all experiencing.

I do agree with you though that his doctor does not have the ability to peek into the future to tell how long Jerry will be able to fight this disease. No-one knows that information and he really shouldn't be putting forth his opinions if they aren't asked!

Anyhow, as you know, prayers continuing for you all.

Take care Chris,

Linda

Chris,

I'm at a loss for words at this point. Actually, I'm having a hard time controlling my anger. The things that have happened to Jerry should not have happened and as for the doc that talked to your mom, he was wrong too (in my opinion). Mike's doctors never tried to give a timeline for him. They made it clear that they couldn't cure him, but they offered treatment and left the rest up to God. If a patient asks for the doctors to give them an educated guess, I guess they can do that based on averages, but averages are not individuals. Some of what they quote is based on statistics before the introduction of the most modern treatments and technology . I'm just sorry things have happened this way . I hope tomorrow will be a better day. God Bless.

Hugs,

Sue

(((Chris)))

I am so sorry - you guys just can't catch a break right now!!!

Please, please continue to tell your mom that some of these docs are fools to give expiration dates. I klnow its hard to get out of your head once you have been told - but please continue to stress that to her. I feel so bad for all three of you right now.

You know where to find me if you need to vent and talk!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

P.S. - How is baby Huey doing???????????????????

Thank you guys...I am just at a loss for words at this point. I actually talked to a lady who has had a lot of experience with Veterans hospitals, both for herself as well as with her husband who has prostate cancer is is currently in treatment for that. His tumor is wrapped into and under and otherwise entwined in major arteries and is not operable nor can they radiate, etc and even HE has not been given a time line. They do not and will not deal with the Albany hospital though, soiely because of situations like this. On the flip side, I also have a good friend whose dad was treated in Albany for another cancer and he had nothing but good doctors, good care, good experiences, etc. It appears to be a crap shoot... you either win or you lose, there is no in between.

Anyway, once we can get Jerry home and set up with the local radiation center and the local infusion center, HOPEFULLY we won't have to deal with this place much, if at all. I THINK the option will be open to use a different VA hospital for any future tests, scans, etc. Much to look into in the coming days....

Again, thank you all so much for just listening and being here.

Love and hugs

Chris

I spoke to Mom this morning. Somewhere around 7 or 8 last evening the radiation machine was repaired and they took Jerry down for his second treatment.

We are hoping to be able to bring him home within the next few days and resume treatment locally. Mom and I are going to do some inquiring about getting things done at a different VA Hospital, too. There really shouldn't be any problem with that but we need to find out which facilities are PROPERLY equipped to handle cancer patients.

We are really praying for a good day today!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support~ I am sharing the posts with Mom every day and she is just so thanfull for all of you...

Love and hugs

Chris

Chris, Thank goodness they got that machine fixed. It's just awful that a cancer patient should have to wait for treatment until a damn machine get fixed. Hope Jerry gets home real soon and that you all are able to find another hospital real soon. I do think the facility and the doctor make all the difference.

How wonderful you read the posts to your mother. Tell her for me we're all rooting for Jerry and his family.

Many good thoughts your way, Judy in Key West

Chris-

I share your anger about doctors who try to play God and give us time lines. NOBODY can predict how a patient will respond to treatment or what the future holds, so why would a doctor slash a person's hope?? It's so maddening!! I'm sorry you have to deal with a doctor like that.

I hope better days are ahead for you and your family.

Maryea