Im back with a question

Guest ocean

Guest ocean

I have a question for anyone who can help me please.... Ive not posted in a while but Ive been reading to keep up with whats going on with you all. If you remember my daddy passed away on feb. 28,2003 from small cell lung with mets to liver.

well here I am again with my grandma in the hospital. They originally said it looked like congestive heart failure. shes been in the hospital for 2 days now and they say theyve drained all the fluid off her lungs. but shes still struggling to breathe and on 100 percent oxygen. and it has to be the mask not the nose tube. when we took her to the hospital her oxygen level was 68!!

anyway theyve done chest xrays and now say they dont know whats going on. anyone think this could be lung cancer and they just are missing it. my dad had an xray one month that was clean then the following month we found out he had cancer. if not cancer then does this sound familiar to anyone? she has no fever.. just extreme fatigue, cant sleep, shortness of breath and chest pain.

so when you guys get a chance please let me know what you think. Im so overwhelmed with all this. I want to scream from the rooftops that I just cant lose my precious grandma so soon after losing daddy. but instead i try to hold it together I may have to find somewhere to go to let this all out anyway didnt mean to ramble on thanks for listening

Ocean

Guest hopeful2

Ask them to do a chest CT. The same happened to my dad. He had multiple chest xrays but nothing showed until they did a CT. This will definitely show anything trying to hide.

Good luck, and God bless.

Guest ocean

katie

grandma has diabetes and she does take alot of medicine some are for anxiety.. she is 80 years old. her diabetes is controlled though for the most part. I am just so worried that they are missing something. I know shes eighty and lived a long time but Im not ready to let her go yet. not so soon after losing dad. sounds selfish i know i cant help it

thanks for your replies you guys

i love this board

ocean

Hi Ocean,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma's health problems.. My Nana had CHF and i took care of her she also had a stroke. CHF and Lung cancer which Mom had do have similar symptoms and advanced lung cancer can cause CHF... but CHF usuallly has swelling in the legs and i think there are a couple of tests that can tell CHF like the rate the heart is pumping the blood...pulse...the blood ox levels are low, as well as a gurgling sound in the chest..When Nana was sleeping i could here it and new it was acting up. I was afraid my Mom was getting that at one point because she was throwing up white foam, a sign of CHF. CHF can be treated with meds, my Nana lived with it for years. It is more difficult to have it with LC. I would ask for a CT scan. I hope this helps you.

((((((Hugs))))))))))

Laurie