pain in her abdomen

Hi,

We are approx. 3 weeks from her last WBR treatments for the multiple brain mets. She hasn't rebounded at all. She is getting weaker and even with the steroids she isn't eating much. This past Sunday was the first time she complained about any type of pain. She says her stomach hurts. Dad gave her one of her nausea pills and the pain went away. Repeat on Monday. Tuesday it took 2 pills, but the pain went away. Today, her abdomen is distended but no pain. She gets full very quickly. Two bites and she is done. She has really changed for the worse each day. Her family is all flying in on Thursday for a family reunion we had planned months ago. While I was typing this, My Dad called and asked if I would call the Dr. in the morning to try and find some answers. Has anyone had any of these symptoms? Or heard of them? I am actually afraid of what is happenning.

I'm so sorry that your mom is having all these problems, but it sounds like you really needs her doctor to help answer these questions. Cancer can be so complicated sometimes and no two cases are allike. I just want you to know that I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers. Let us know how things go tomorrow with the doctor.

God Bless,

Sue

Hi,

We contacted her doctor and he is aware of the situation and has called in some pain medicine for her. We did get the county health nurse to come out. My dad is refusing any hospice, bathers or help like that. It was very reassuring to have the nurse look Mom over and check all her signs. She is also concerned with the distended abdomen and not we have newly acquired incontinence issues. These all came about last night. The cancer center asked Dad what he wanted I think he is finally aware that we are or close to the final stages. She has declined so rapidly. Just ten days ago we were shopping all afternoon. Her coloring has changed and she just doesn't look right. She hasn't been in any pain this afternoon, but the nurse told us the restlessness all night is probably another form of pain. She enjoyed watching her 3 grandsons and 2 great granddaughters swimming this afternoon.

Patty