Getting to Knwo You - June 18

Ann

For my mom's 50th b-day my uncle gave us (me, mom, aunt, cousins) 6 of us use of his boat/yacht that was docked at Paradise Island in the Bahama's for a week. He told the captain to show us a good time.

Well I was out on the dock talking with the captain when another man in a tiny boat came along the dock and they started talking in french. He turned back to me and asked me if I would like lobster for dinner. Well since I never tried it before I said sure.

He took 2 lobsters from the man and proceeded to rip it apart right on the dock. He shoved some kind of stick up it and ripped out the vein and I about tossed my cookies right there.

When it was all cooked and on the table with a small bowl of cold butter(I could have sworn it was supposed to be melted) I did taste a small piece and I had that image of the vein being ripped out and I don't think I'll ever be eating lobster again in this life time.

Denise