I can't believe this is happening

I have been sitting by my Moms bed all day and she hasn't woken up-I just want her to wake up one more time.

The last coherent thing she said was Monday night that she wants a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I don't think I can take this pain and she's not even gone yet. I can't catch my breath

I never thought I could feel so sad

I thought over the past 2 years I would be prepared for this day but I'm not and I can't stop hypervenilating. I feel like she's already gone but she's still here & I need to know that she is ok and that she is leaving this earth peacefully. I always helped her through all of her anxiety and now I don't know what she's thinking and I can't help her.

I listened to her chest and she has that rattle so I know the time is close and then I'm never going to see her again and I don't think I can handle it.

Oh Dar, my heart goes out to you.

My sister-in-law passed away from throat cancer that went to her bones, brain and lungs in the end 3 years ago October. For 2 weeks she lay unresponsive. Her eyes were open but no movement, no blinking. The hospice kept telling us this is the night, this is the night and damned if she didn't go in her own good time.

Well during one of these times we all gathered around her bed and started talking about the old days. Tom and his other sister Sharon mentioned her old car that she nick named Nellie Bell and she let out a laugh. 2 weeks of nothing and then a laugh!! I always knew she was still in there. We were overjoyed to say the least for that 1 very small but special moment.

Praying that you get your special moment.

Denise

Oh honey, you ARE helping her. And you ARE easing her anxiety. Because you are THERE. You are caring for her, holding her hand, being with her in this so that she's not alone as she moves over to that side. Don't you think otherwise for an instant. Even if you're not talking it all out, she is buoyed and strengthened because you are there.