My Beautiful Brave Mother Passed Peacefully

lc46

My Mom passed @ 1:20 am. After I posted the last message I sat by her side for 3 hours after I heard the beginning of the rattle in her chest. I was in no way prepared for what took place over the next 3 hours-it was both beautiful and the saddest thing I have ever gone through in life. I laid with her and talked to her and guided her the way I would want to if I was going to the other side. I didn't want her to be afraid and I hope she wasn't. My brother was not here and I know she needed to hear his voice so I called him and he came over and she took her last breath while we were holding her close.

She fought for her life for 21 months and we didn't think we would get to have her for more than a few so for that I am grateful

She is now at peace from this terrible disease. I will love her forever

So sorry to read this this morning.. I am glad she was surrounded by love and comfort and not pain and nightmares. You did so much for your mom and did everything you could to make her proud and happy! Do not let the guilt in and I wnat to offer my condolences and thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort in the coming days adn weeks....

(((Dar))) I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. You are a wonderful daughter and you gave your mom just what she needed. There are really no words to express the sadness I feel for you and your family today.

I wish you peace and strength in the difficult days ahead and know we are thinking about you and caring about you.

Linda

Dar, I am so sad to read this. Your Mom was such a tough lady. I know Beverly has welcomed her to heaven and is showing your Mom around by now.

Take comfort in knowing you were there for her. You were a wonderful support for her and I know how thankful she was that you were her daughter.

I hope you can find peace in the days ahead.

I have found this board helps me to cope..just trying to help others through this awful disease has helped me to accept my loss. It helps somehow to know that I am not alone.

Much love to you and yours,

Bobby

Dar,

I'm so sorry to read your sad news. Your Mom sounds like a wonderful woman who raised you with such love and affection. I'm glad you were able to be with her as she ended her battle. Prayers to you and your family in this time of sorrow. Ellie

(((Dar)))

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I am sure your being there helped her so much. You have been a wonderful daughter to her and remember, she will always be there for you, just look inside your heart.

((((Dar))))

Hugs - Patti B.

Dar,

That is such a beautiful description that I have tears in my eyes. I'm go thankful that you and your brother got to be with her as she crossed over. Surely she knew the love that accompanied her and it will be returned back to you as she watches over you in heaven.

Peace be with you,

Susan

I'm so very sorry to read this. I do understand what you mean about that moment being the saddest and also beautiful to be with your mother right at the end. I'm sure it was a tremendous comfort to her. My prayers and sympathy for you and your family.