Harold "Ernie" Puckett

KatieB

http://obits.naplesnews.com/index.cfm?f ... t&ID=63533

We were blessed to have Ernie as a member and as a friend to many of us. I am so glad I got to meet he and Carol last year- if only briefly. He touched my heart and I will miss him.

Thank you Susan for finding this.

This is very shocking...It seems it happened so quick. I NEVER expected to see this. Ernie, to me, with his attitude and everything else was going to be the guy that just kept beating this thing until the cancer got tired and finally went away. Very sorry to read this today.

This is so very hard to comprehend - I am so saddened by this news. Ernie has always been larger than life to me and there are no words to convey the loss that will be felt without him and his feisty attitude.

My most sincere condolences to his family and friends - he will be dearly missed.

Linda

I am shocked by this. I remember when my Dad was first diagnosed and I went online to find survivor stories (before I found LCHelp), his was one of the few that I found for advanced lung cancer. I printed it out and gave it to my Dad. He found so much inspiration in his story and he began to have hope. This is so sad to hear.

Rochelle

I cant even se to type right now.

I am so sorry to hear this news Ernie has been an inspoiration and a beacon of light to me thru his time witrh us !!!!

I am just so sad to read this. I LOVED his can-do spirit. This breaks my heart. Thank you for finding this. I am so sorry it was out there to find.

Blessings to all his family. Eternal rest be granted unto him oh Lord, and may Your perpetual light shine upon him always. May he rest in peace.

Jen

This news of Ernie truly saddens all of us. It seems like yesterday when he was running that half marathon race and giving everyone fighting lung cancer real hope. His positive outlook, inspiration, and helpfulness will be missed by all. Prayers to his entire family.

This news is so sad. My heartfelt sympathy to Ernie's family and friends. Ernie was one of those people who really inspired others. It was only two months ago that Ernie wrote a post that really touched me and I wrote to him and asked if I could copy it and share his words with others. He assured me that he had hoped his words would be helpful to others and he gave me permission to do so. It was this post , in case anyone missed it...

http://lungevity.org/l_community/viewto ... ht=#353991

Ernie will be missed by many .

Sue

Ernie has won!

For some reason Earnie had been on my mind for a few days. I tried sending a PM and then I Googled him and found the obituary. Thank you Katie for posting the link. I sort of wanted you to say, "no, that's not him," but in my heart I knew it was.

I've had a day to think about this now and the only response I can have is that there was no way Ernie wasn't going to win his battle. He stayed positive and helped so many others to stay positive and I think that is his great gift to us. He won in many ways, he kept the disease at bay for so long, Ernie won many battles on that front--large and small. He also won an important battle in that he didn't let his illness stop him from embracing life and urging others to do the same. Finally he won the most important battle of all. It was evident from his posts that Ernie was a man of great faith, and he has made the transition to a place where he is forever out of the reach of this disease. I believe with all my heart that he has won the battle for eternal life and that he will embrace that with the same gusto as he did his life on earth. We will miss him and his can-do attitude, but he left that behind as a precious gift to all of us.

I think we can honor Ernie by embracing that can-do spirit in everything we say and do. He ended so many posts by urging all of us to stay positive. So I am doing that. Ernie won. Good for Ernie.

His family will be in my prayers because I know they will miss him terribly. But Ernie won. See Ernie--I'm staying positive!

Love Always,

Susan

My condolences to Ernie's family. May they find comfort in their faith and one another during this difficult time.

Thank you Sue for the link to Ernie's post. I read it again with a new eye. Although I'm complimented often on my positive attitude, I spend way too much time complaining about my lack of energy. In honor of Ernie and his commitment to helping others stay positive, I'm going to work on not complaining when I'm tired and instead focusing on all the good moments I have in every day.

Judy in Key West

P.S. Katie, I'll also keep an eye out for anything I see relative to nutrition and exercise and cancer.

Hello,

This is Ernie's daughter Kerri.....I just want you to know that we are reading your responses and I will be posting a longer reply early next week....We are getting together a video to post with some thoughts for all of you...you are all a special part of Dad's journey and I have been thinking about what Dad would want to tell you....but for now

:) STAY POSITIVE and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP :) !!!

Love to you all,

Kerri

This post hurts, big time. I remember when he first came on board. He was so positive he could beat this monster. And her certainly did all he could possibly do.

I remember when he ran that marithon which had his pic at the bottom of his page. We were so proud of him.

My deepest condolences goes out to him and his family.

We will miss you so much Ernie!!

So sad..

Maryanne :cry: