Update on Hank

Hi everybody,

Today is a good day indeed. The doctor read the chest x-ray taken yesterday and today told us that there is a very significant improvement and it's encouraging. I realize that within the big picture meaning the inevitable outcome of this situation, this is not anything to be partying about, but, being that I have spent the better part of the last few weeks wondering if he would ever come home again. ...... I am very happy. :D Hank feels that he is breathing some what better, he is finally coughing up some of that gunk! He was up for his walk today, made him very tired, but wants to do it again later. We are still looking at Friday for a possible release from the hospital, but I don't want them to let him go until he is truly ready. The last time he was in the hospital he was home for only five days and then had to go right back in. We do not want to repeat that. WAY TO GO HANK!!!!

Thanx guys,

Gail

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to hear Hank's doing better, Gail. And yes, I do realize that this is short term, but comfort care is what it's all about--regardless of whether we're talking short or long term.

I am so happy for the two of you that I could burst! Way to go!

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin