Want to be highlighted in a future newsletter?

KatieB

If you are a survivor who wants to share your story, please PM me and I will get the questionairre to you. The first newsletter highlighted our very own David Piercy!

PM me !

glad it isn't ME choosing either!! You're right! They're all great!

You can see past highlighted survivors in the LUNGevity online newsletters.

Click on About US and then click on Latest Newsletter

KatieB: You can see past highlighted survivors in the LUNGevity online newsletters. Click on About US and then click on Latest Newsletter

Thanks, Katie. I didn't know about the newsletter. Good reading!

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin

Absolutely not!!!

The whole purpose of the newsletter (and the survivor story) is to highlight the plight of lung cancer victims [sic] so as to bring our cause to the attention of as many as possible.

The survivor's story should be one that plucks the heartstrings of the reader; and that means that it should be one of you young people with children and careers, with your lives still ahead of you.

You are the ones who pluck at my heart strings more than any others. I'd give up my life for any one of you in a heartbeat (if it weren't already taken! :lol:).

Seriously, Katie. I think you need look no further!

Carole

OK - I nominate Sandra then ... she is young, has a young family, is a career woman and all around great person! GO Sandra!!!!

Carole - once again, you amaze me. I keep telling myself that there is nothing you can say or do anymore that will amaze me and ... yep, you do it again. You are the entire package and I am so glad to know you.

Linda

Carole, you are absolutely selfless my friend.

Linda, you are the sweetest.

I should have stayed out of it. I have done plenty of getting my story and my face/voice out in Canada...radio, TV and newspaper. And I will do more.

I think this is an American publication and will stick with my original nomination.

Hey Katie....David Piercy is the guy that is also from Victoria isn't he. I have seen him a few times. Local school teacher.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of LCSC, LUNGevity is global now. David is from Canada and was one of our very first members here at LCSC (when we were lchelp.org) - it just made sense to highlight David since he was such a strong advocate (and support/inspiration) and has survived so long since his original dx. in his 20s. It's inspirational. David has moved on with his life and even though he keeps in touch, he doesn't even come onto LCSC anymore. His story is still an inspiration.

Anyone who is surviving LC is an inspiration. We want your story if you want to tell it. Doesn't matter how young or old or what country you hail from. Let our readership see that there are folks living with and surviving LC.

So, that's ALL of you survivors- so just do it!!

:wink:

Andrea, i'll send you the questions for you to ask your mom (and get a pic too if she will let you and e-mail it back to me) and of course where is Connie B??? :wink: I'll have to chat with her about that!!

**If anyone else sent me in the questionairre and didn't send in a pic, please e-mail me your pic to katieb@lchelp.org

Anyway, my goal is to fill up every single LUNGevity newsletter wtih LCSC folks! HA! Let's show everyone what a great group we have!!