Two Weeks

Treebywater

I watched a movie last night called "Two Weeks." I went into it knowing that it was probably going to stir up some feelings that I haven't been attending to in some time, and I decided that was ok.

Anyway--the movie chronicles the life of the mother of four siblings... her experiences on hospice, dying, their experiences relating to one another, processing their grief differently.

It's funny, and really gets the humaness of the whole experience--which is something that most movies and such don't do. They go for the sentimental but not the human, laugh in the middle of the worst day of your life, kind of thing that you go through when you lose some one.

It wasn't an easy movie to watch, but I'm glad I did.

So I thought that I would throw this out there. I think it's a movie for someone to watch only when they feel ready if we've walked the road that we've walked here in this forum. But if you are at a place where you can do so, I found it to be very good. It felt good somehow to be able to weigh my experience with Mom against what had happened to this family. And ok, seriously, I cried and sobbed last night in a way I haven't in a very long time... But even that felt right.

So for what it's worth--Val's review of "Two Weeks."

Hi Val,

It sounds like it was good therapy for you. Thanks for sharing your review. Your posts always remind me so much of my step-daughter, Tracy. She has just never been the same since Bill's death and together we have been through a great deal. Though we have, on a few occassions, gone our separate ways for a few months at a time, we always seem to find a need for each other's company and lately she has really been struggling...again! It sounds like this may be a good movie for her and I to sit down and watch together. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think of you and your babies often and pray that you are finding your way thru this experience called motherhood, feeling your own mom with you in spirit every step of the way.

God bless Val!

Val, I really want to check it out...thanks for the review.

Another one that touched me was "The Family Stone". Diane Keaton is awesome as the mom of a big family - actually, everyone in it was good. It's centered around Christmas time at their family home...I watched it around the holidays after I lost Mom...not easy, but I could really relate. I don't want to give too much away, but it relates to many of us and the losses we have endured...