Introducing myself

SteveG

Hello, all!

My nave is Steve. I was diagnosed, initially, as stage 1B, NSClC. I had my upper right obe removed, and a year passed. I then developed 4 mets in the brain, and had 15 sessions of WBR. (Needless to say, that moved me to stave IV) That seemed to stop it, or slow it greatly. Then, this year, a year after the WBR, I had gamma knife of two of the four, I have an MRI very soon, so I'm at a wait and see location. My oncologist is also concerend about my latest PET/CT scan and is trying to get me back on chem as a "preventative" I told him we would wait a month, then see.

Steve you have been through a lot and are in a great place for support and advice and stability and everything right now. Heres to getting to know ya for a long time!

Hi, Steve.

Sorry for the reason you need to be here, but this is a great group--whether for support or information or just "being there."

What type of chemo is your onc suggesting? I ask becuase there are only a few that can break the blood brain barrier.

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin

Hi Steve. Welcome to our group. I started this strange journey with a dx of NSCLC, stage 1B and had a lobectomy (URL). That was 5 years ago. Three and a half years ago, a similar tumor was found in my ULL. Again I did the surgery/chemo thing. I know how devastating a recurrence can make you feel. Did you have chemo after surgery?

When will you know if your latest CT/PET really shows something to worry about? Anxious times! Please keep up updated.

Muriel

Hi Steve,

See your now here too, I'm still learning how to navigate but think I'm beginning to get it.

I think I told you I would be having my scans in July, as it turns out it's next week, thought I still had more time before the next one. The last one showed some shrinkage to the brain tumor, but also showed a new teaser "heterogeneous cells, bone marrow cervical spine." That has me concerned this time. All the best to you on your upcoming scans.

Hi Steve

Welcome to this site. You will find the members here very supportive and knowledgeable. I was diagnosed as Stage 1B last September and had my upper left lobe removed. I elected to have 4 rounds of adjuvant chemo as preventative as well.