Getting to Know you- July 2

KatieB

Stress relievers?

We all have stress or anxiety in our lives- is there something special you do (that works!) that helps you thru those tense times?

There are many things that I do to calm down and relax like: watch a good movie(even one I've seen a hundred times): a glass of wine: go outside by myself in the swing: talk to a good friend that just listens to my complants: go shopping just for me: what I think helps alot is talking to everyone here that understands more than anyone!!

Dannie

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

Pee on it and walk away.

Seriously though, I don't handle stress well at all. I internalize everything. I let it build up, I cry and then I'm better.

Denise

There's nothing like a good cry to relieve stress for me. I seem to hold in tears until I'm just ready to burst, then the tears come pouring out. I always feel much better afterwards.

There are a number of things that I do.

#1) is that I review the stressor from every angle for a positive one and if found, I latch on to that and build on it.

#2) I "discuss" it with God. I try to figure His reason for it and even when I cannot, I just "know" that sometimes I don't have the proper attitude to understand His plan.

#3) If it is a deer or turkey hunting season, I go hunting. I "mingle" with nature and find a lot of peace that way.

#4) If the stressor is a person, I address the stressor. I am very good at making the wrong see right as long as they will listen. Sometimes they simply need choking :evil:

#5) :P