Thank you all, but I think it is time...

MsC1210

Chris,

I am saddened to see your post. You have been such a positive influence on the board and to so many.

Your spirit, insight and caring words will definetly be missed.

I hope that once you take a little time away, you will change your mind and come on back!!

All my best to you,

Wendy

Chris:

I echo the sentiments of the many others who have posted here that they understand your need to get away for a while, but hope you will be back soonest.

I cannot imagine anyone thinking you don't belong here (as was written above, you "get it" and that's the common denominator of all of us).

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin

WOW... well first let me say I am really, really touched and humbled by all of these wonderful replies. I actually don't know what to say as thank you seems so shallow in light of the outpouring of love and concern here, but it is all I have.. so, THANK YOU.. ALL. SO MUCH. The messages here, the PM's, the emails, the facebook messages, the phone calls.. WOW.. I am just so overwhelmed and thankful..

I had thought that my mind was made up and that I was certain that stepping away was the right thing to do. I thought that since Jerry is gone that my place here was pretty much over and done. I can see now that maybe I was mistaken.

I really am speechless here.. I know I am not ready to fully "be" here right now. I need to be with Mom right now and get her through things and help her out with the aftermath. Anyone who has lost someone knows what I am talking about, there is that never ending list of details that need to be dealt with and settled as well as that rollercoaster ride called grief. (she is holding up ok at the moment but still in big time denial..)

So, I guess since the Hall Pass Monitor made it clear that I can have a pass, I will ask for a pass to get my head straightened out and figure out what I need to do for Mom and then ME and hopefully I can come back and be able to provide support and hope on a better level than I could do right now. I want to share my experience with Hospice and the last few days that we had with Jerry, as difficult as that will be. I think there is a lot to be learned from it all and hope that when I am able to share it, that it will help..... Right now though, I am not ok and I am just not ready to be here. I feel so selfish saying that.

Wow, I just don't know what else to say other than thank you so very much...... I am so touched and so grateful to you all....

See you again, sooner rather than later I hope....

Love and hugs and again, my deepest and most heartfelt thanks..

Chris

Good morning Chris-

So........you "felt the love, huh?" I am so glad. We DO love you here and none of us want to see you leave. We also understand your needing some time to yourself, and I understand how you feel about things, but we DO need you here. YOU mentioned feeling selfish - no way should you feel that way. That word comes out of your vocabulary - and thats an order, girlfriend. You have continued to support so many of us even when things were so bad for Jerry and your mom. Remember what originally made us friends was the wonderful site that you created for all those affected by this horrid disease. You did that to help others!!!!!!

You know what a wonderful friend you have been to me and also to my SON!! You and Nick have such a great relationship and I love that he can talk with you on the phone about tatoos and bikes and stuff. He cares about you, too, ya know!!

I am glad you mentioned about what the hall monitor said. I know Ry and she is one tough cookie!! :lol::lol: She will fine you BIG time if you don't just take a pass!!! (THANKS, Ry, I owe ya one).

So take off some time if you need to get your head together. Now, that may be hard to do because I for one am not going to leave you alone. I will be checking in on you and making sure that you are OK and I bet there will be many, many more who will do the same. Sorry, but you can't stop being our friend!!!

I will probably talk to you today. Just remember - we love you, girl!!!

Hugs - Patti

Thank you so much for 'rethinking' and taking hall pass, Chris.

You have made my day!

And do not ever think you are being selfish. It is us who are selfish when we beg you to stay!

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin