Rosie Posted December 1, 2003 Share Posted December 1, 2003 Hello everyone, I just found this board and am already thankful for what I've been able to see. I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. My mom just had her biopsy this morning. The doctor says he's pretty definite it is small cell cancer. He didn't say either way concerning the extent, but from what I've seen on here and other sites it is extensive. There is a mass growing on the top of her lungs and in between that has the growth inside of it. Because it is in between the lungs that means it is extensive, right? (Also in her lymph nodes, etc.) The doctor didn't say much, he was just quiet and said it was bad. Here is my dilemma. I live about four states away. My sister is there with her and for that I am truly thankful. I am wondering if we (my husband and three boys) should head up there. The doctor said that they won't know more until the rest of the tests come back. How aggresive is this disease? I should also tell you that my mom is an alcoholic and her body is in some pretty rough shape. I have a feeling that will really hurt her success with the chemo. I could be wrong though... am I? I realize that none of you can give me exact dates, but anything will help. My husband and I work in ministry, suffice to say that we don't have much money to travel. But if we are talking weeks or less than six months, we will at least try to work it out. If we have more time than that, it would be a lot easier financially to wait until spring. I feel so lost being so far away. Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated. Blessings to you all [/i] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.