Hubby doing great

coni

In April my husband was dx with lung cancer, mets to his liver and bones. he was so bad. in horrible pain, lost 30 pounds, he was so weak that he could hardly walk. was in the hospital 2 times (before any treatments) that man was basically knocking on heavens door, on the brink. Just after 2 rounds of chemo his cancer has decreased by 50% . he has gained 20 pounds and right now as I'm typing this he is out riding his Harley with his son. I really didn't think that would ever happen again. I thank God everyday for his amazing improvement. I just had to share my good news (story).

Coni you are new here and that is perfectly ok We just love hearing great news like that wherever you put it!!! :wink: I can move it For YA!!

Hi, Coni.

Congrats to you and your husband (and your son!). Those of us who belong to this community appreciate (like no other) the importance of news like this.

Not only that, but numerous research studies show that the Higher the Quality of Life (riding one's Harley, for example), the Longer the Survival Rate!

We often use the phrase, "the new normal," referring to the many adjustments we've had to make, but oh, it is so nice to be able to experience "the old normal" (riding one's Harley, for example) every once in a while, too!

Good luck!

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin