Not so New but its been so long....

kimmek

Its been almost 2 years I guess since i have posted. I have spent the most of this morning first trying to locate LCSC, and finally found you guys thru Lungevity. After reading theough a few posts and getting over the shock and sadness of those who are no longer with us I decided to go ahead and post and reintroduce myself.

I lost my Mom in October of 2006, although she had lung cancer, it was in remission and not what finally got her, but since no autopsy was done, I will never know for sure, but I think her heart finally just got tired. I am so very thnakful her cancer never came back and she did not have to experience anything horrible, for her to just go quityl in her sleep was such a blessing.

I dont have alot to offer these days in form of help, but I have been a caregiver to my dearest friend in the world and know what it is like to walk, sometimes run in those shoes so if I can ever be of help to anyone I am going to do my best to try to check in regularly and get caught back up with things and people.

As for me, I have spent the last 2 years taking clasess at my local jr college to get me in to a surgical assistant program. At first I started out wanting to be a nurse but after a few classes and seeing the things that interested me, I decided to go a dfferent route. I was accepted into a surgical assistant program which I start in August and should be done and working next to a sugreon a year from now. Not bad for a 46 year old lady!!. Sometimes I have to pinch myslef to believe all this has happened just since I lost my Mom and son. I know they are both watching over me and pushing me everyday and are so very proud.

I look forward to getting to know the new members and hopefully catching up with some of the old ones.

Have a blessed day!

Kim

Welcome back, Kim!!!! Good for you with how life is progressing for you. I have no doubt you will do a terrific job in the medical field with all your hands-on experience. It is just so hard to believe it's been 2 years since you've been here. Wow......time sure does fly while one is busy living life, huh!

Hope to 'see' ya around the place, Kim. Glad you're back.

Kasey

Well hi Kim,

So glad to see your smiling face and welcome back

Wow it seems life your life has really changed. I remember when you wanted to a nurse. Good luck with your career. Iam so proud of you and I am sure your mom and son are also.

I can't believe its been 2 years! Time just flies.

Don't know if you will stay or not but thank you for checking in.

Maryanne :wink: