Accepting

Well the nurses say he isn't going to make it. They are going to do the radiation today. My grandfather has accepted the fact my dad is going to die. Now my dad has to accept it. I feel he is holding on for my sister and I. I haven't accepted the fact yet but I guess it's time to tell him to let go. Please help me get through this.

(((((Lillee))))

I am truly sorry that this has happened. I realize that no words I can say will really help except that we are all here for you.

I would question, however, why if the nurses think he is in such bad shape that they are still going to do radiation today. Have you talked to his doctor? Now, I am truly not trying to give you false hope but I think you should touch base with the doctor. Radiation is hard on a person. Why put him through that if its not going to help him.

Once again, I am so sorry. Please keep us updated and know that you are part of our family and that we care.

Hugs - Patti B.

My heart goes out to you. But never never give up hope. And don't listen to nurses for heaven sakes... listen to the doctors and keep asking what else can be done. In the end it is your dad's deciksion though and he will make the decision that is best for him. I pray for strength for you and your family during this difficult time.

I'm with Ry... have you thought about hospice. It would be a blessing for him to go home and have some care by professionals.

Keep us posted. Iam so sorry for all of this.

Maryanne