Kind of good news I think

SandraL

First of all apologies to those of you who were worried about me. I have not been posting or reading PM's for some time. I was quite down to say the very least and had convinced myself that it had spread like everywhere...and then was away for the weekend and actually did have some fun.

And thanks to those of you who sent me prayers and positive thoughts. They worked I think.

Anyhow, I had my CT scan last Thurs and got my results today. I have never been more anxious re results.

First of all my lungs. They continue to be clear and the one funny spot is even cleaner now so that just must be scar tissue. So my lungs are in good shape and if you heard me yap you would believe it.

Secondly, I have no progression anywhere else.

Finally, my biggest concern was my spine mets. I have had radiation on them awhile back as well as 2 rounds of chemo. Well, in my doctors words, my back is a huge mess. She thinks most of it is just scar tissue and from me overdoing it physically...but it is hard to tell re the cancer. It for sure has not gotten any worse. But I have and continue to be in so much pain. So she has now referred me to a neurosurgeon and thinks maybe he can "take it out" and put in some good bone stuff. First I have heard of "taking it out" and I like those words.

So I think on balance that is pretty good news (WAY better than my mind had dreamed up). I am just plain relieved and think it will take a few days for this to sink in after what I have put myself through this past week. And I am now mixing a glass of good red wine with my 3rd alimta chemo cocktail that I received this afternoon.

I know it is only Tuesday but would be grateful if someone opened the bar!

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Isn't it amazing how dreadful our mind can wander around scan time? I am so glad that you got good results back from the doc on the lungs. Sorry to hear that the back pain is sitll there. Hopefully the procedure your doc is suggesting will help.

Wendy

Sandra-

Great news!!!! Clear Lungs!!!!! No progression!!!! Yeah!!

Of course,I wish your back wasn't hurting so badly and that you didn't need surgery but all in all I think those were pretty good results.

I believe the pub is already open. Muriel has been there for days (she won't let me drive her home) so I will meet you there in a few. And I am buying, girlfriend!!

Hugs - Patti

Sandra, I will make sure Kasey and Fred open the PUB. Actually it is never closed. For your GOOD news I will share a glass of wine with you also. But later I may change it to an extra dry vodka martini to drown my sorrows right now.

But for your Sandra.... Bottoms up GIRL!! :D

Maryanne :wink:

Come on over and celebrate Sandra. The Pub has been open for quite a while, since I can't leave without a designated driver. Patti volunteered, but I didn't think that would be a safe idea. I'm here and everyone will be back soon, so hurry over.

Muriel

Congratulations Sandra !!! I know you were on the emotional roller coaster waiting for these results. So now that part is over, you can have your glass of red wine and get that back problem fixed up.

Hi, Sandra.

"Technically," I'm still out on Hall Pass, but "snuck in" tonight for a quick read... and am I glad I did! Great news, Sandra (including possible fix for pain)! WTG, Girl!

Carole

PS to all: "Technically," I'm out on Hall Pass mostly (key word) until 08/16, but please know I'm thinking of and caring about all of you whether I'm "virtually" here or spiritually here!

It's amazing the games your mind can play at scan time! I always get "mystery pains" the week before my scan and am convinced the cancer is spreading like wildfire; so far my scans have all been on the whole good.

I hope the doctor can help you with your back pain - it sounds promising. I'd join you in a glass of wine but it's only 10 a.m and don't think it would go well with the Raisin Bran I just ate.

Well there you go again Dave getting yourself into a wee spot of trouble. Not too worry everyone..I took the spineless comment in good humor....I've got a good sense of one of those as well as not being particularly spineless...just a bit nuts at scan time..but generally speaking far from spineless! Thanks Ned...I have obviously convinced you I am one tough gal!

I am feeling a bit more relieved today. Thanks everyone else for your congrats and support.

Sandra