La Crosse Pass Please

shellit74

Of course the keg bus can get to LaCrosse. It's on I 90 at the WI/MN border. Good beer and good Friday fish frys there. Gotta watch out for the WI State Patrol or whatever they're called. They love to collect money on the interstates. (They leave the tiny towns to the local sheriffs.) It's the home of Special Export beer - if it still exists.

Have a good weekend, Shelli.

Muriel

Oh, Muriel.. you have impressed me!!! Yes it is/was the home of S.E. or the green death as some call it :) The brewery had closed/sold out to Miller, but then a new one came in and they make some good beer also! If you bring the keg bus you can hook right up to this for a refill.... worlds largest six-pack!!!!!!!

sixpackold.jpg

the old six pack when it was Heileman Brewery

sixpaknew.jpg

now as with the The La Crosse Brewery

sixpakstat.jpg

sign next to six-pack

Impressive, indeed :mrgreen: Thank you. Shelli. Those are great pictures. When Miller bought Heileman's, did they discontinue S.E. Always liked S.E. I worked with a guy at National Geographic whose family owned a college/young adult hangout on the edge of town near the river. Really popular place. We stopped there once on a trip back to MN and the place was jammed. Bockenhauer was the name.

I think we can find some good beer in La Crosse. We'll stock up for the rest of the trip while we're there.

Have fun this weekend.

Muriel

This is getting scary :twisted::twisted::twisted: Does anyone trust Patti with the tranquilizers? That's probably what put her to sleep on the trip to Canada - when Denise fell off the bus and Jayla did all that pattycake stuff. I have my own tranquilizers Patti. BTW, did you clean up the bus from the cow and dog?

Muriel

Geesh...here I thought Shelli was going to a lacrosse tournament which is actually Canada's official national sport (nope it ain't hockey!) . Until of course I realized my ignorance in reading through these crazy posts. I obviously know some about Cdn sport and nada about American geography!

You're right Patti. Shelli did miss chat when I came back. LOL

Muriel, no offence, but I'm not sure if I would trust you or Patti with tranquilizers.

Sandra I think that is hokey and national sport should be changed to hockey.

Denise I bet Patti just drove it around in a rainstorm instead of taking it through a car wash.

I think Randy should pay 75% of the bill. A cow makes a bigger mess than a dog...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I decided to get an early start on the tranquilizers. Still want me to drive?????????

With all those bars, are you sure there is room to park the bus? We don't want to have to walk too far. Now that I'm awake, let me suggest why there are so many bars in La Crosse (a town, not a tournament yet). For years and years, you couldn't buy beer or liquor in Minnesota on Sundays, so the WI river towns made a fortune in their bars and restaurants serving the Minnesotans. To make things even better, back when the drinking age in most states was 21 (I mean back before Viet Nam), it was only 18 in Wisconsin. Popular place with the 18 - 20 year olds. So much for today's cultural geography lesson.

On to physical geography, don't feel bad about your La Crosse error Sandy. Lots of us in the states don't know much about where things are in Canada either.

Have a safe trip Shelli.

Muriel

Take 2 tranquilizers Patti !!!!LOL

Muriel seem's to know a little too much about Lacrosse, the bars, and drinking there. LOL

Hopefully Shelli will have some pictures.

These ladies are terrible Judy !!!!!