Up, up, and away...

teriw

Tomorrow I take my first solo flight to England and Spain to see Bill's family (who I now refer to as "my English family," because they are indeed my family still). Some of you know I went last September to spread Bill's ashes, but my parents came with me. I'm so behind in my packing. This is a critical "first." My canine angel, Mrs. Dickens, is down in San Diego with my parents. The house is VERY quiet.

I questioned my timing making the trip so close to the 1-year mark, but I now realize it was perfect timing. I have felt so anxious about it. Do they really want me to come? Am I intruding? Should I stay in an inn? What am I doing? Well, all of my fears have been firmly put to rest. They are as anxious to see me as I am them, and I'm so thankful. I know Bill is SO happy about it! I'm still worried about causing a major traffic collision.

I have more personal objects to bring over of Bill's. I take in everything you adult children talk about with losing your parents. Being so far away, I want to make sure they have the family pictures that there are and personal objects, which are very few. Of course I have personal things for myself too.

Guess this is as good of time as any to say thank you to everyone for the support Bill and I received here, and that I continue to receive.

Hugs & I'll be back mid-August...

Teri: "I have felt so anxious about it. Do they really want me to come? Am I intruding? Should I stay in an inn? What am I doing? Well, all of my fears have been firmly put to rest. They are as anxious to see me as I am them, and I'm so thankful. I know Bill is SO happy about it! I'm still worried about causing a major traffic collision."

Teri:

Every time I look at the picture of you and Bill, I can feel the love between the two of you so strongly that it feels like it's come through my monitor and is surrounding me. Seeing the two of you and having read so many of your postings, Teri, I can tell you there is no way in the world that your English family--or anyone else--won't love and adore you.

As to that "major traffic collision" you fear, I have to tell you my story:

I did just fine in the British Isles: My mother was with me and sat to my left shouting, "Keep to the left!" the whole time. It wasn't until after I flew home and got behind the wheel of my own car that I got in trouble: My very first left turn out of airport parking was directly into oncoming traffic! :lol::lol::lol:

Have a wonderful time! (I'll wave down to Mrs. Dickens when my plane flies into San Diego for its landing on Saturday afternoon.)

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin